Yahoo DNS configuration
If your domain is hosted with Yahoo, you can follow the below steps to configure SPF, DKIM, and CNAME records for ZeptoMail. It may take 24-48 hours for the records to be published in the DNS. So your domain will not be verified until that time and you will not be able to send any emails using your domain.
Add SPF record
- Login to your Yahoo Domain Control Panel. Refer to this help page to get clear instructions on navigating to your Yahoo Control Panel.
- Scroll down to TXT records section and click Add.
- In the Hostname field and Text field, enter the below values:
Host* Value* Main domain
@ v=spf1 include:zeptomail.net ~all Subdomain
- If you have an already existing SPF TXT record configured for your domain say "v=spf1 include:zoho.com ~all", then you should not create a new SPF TXT record for ZeptoMail. If the new ZeptoMail SPF TXT value is "v=spf1 include:zeptomail.net ~all", then modify your existing DNS SPF TXT value to "v=spf1 include:zeptomail.net include:zoho.com ~all".
- Click Add.
*Get the exact SPF values from the Domains section.
Add DKIM record
- Follow steps 1-2 from the previous section.
- In the Hostname field, enter <selector>._domainkey*.
- In the Text field, enter the TXT Record value* generated in your ZeptoMail account.
- Click Add.
*Get the exact DKIM values from the Domains section.
Add CNAME Records
CNAME records are added for both mail sending domains associated with Mail Agents or Email tracking domains in ZeptoMail. If your domain manager is Yahoo, please follow the below steps.
- Login to your Yahoo Domain Control Panel. Refer to the Yahoo account-specific help page to get clear instructions on accessing your Yahoo Control Panel.
- Select Domain from the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Navigate to A and CNAME Records and click Add.
- In the Host field, enter the subdomain name of your domain. (For example, if subdomain is bounce.zylker.com, enter bounce).
- Specify the value generated in ZeptoMail for this domain., in the Destination field:
Source Destination Subdomain name
(Eg., bounce is subdomain is bounce.zylker.com)
- To configure bounce address, get the CNAME value from the Domains section.
- To configure Email Tracking, get the CNAME value from the Email tracking tab under the respective Mail Agent.
- Click Add to save the changes.
- After an hour or two, log in to your ZeptoMail account and click Verify (usually it takes 24-48 hours for the records to be published in the DNS).
- If the DNS information is correctly propagated, the subdomain will be verified.