Merge on Form Submit - Output Options
Table of contents
Once your template is ready with related form fields, you can set up the actions that you want to automate. Writer provides multiple delivery options for every Form response generated. New document will be created for every form response and you can choose to deliver the merged document in one of the following ways.
On form submission, a seperate merged document will be created for each user data. The file names of the documents are constructed from the name that you enter, followed by an underscore, and the number of the current record.
You can deliver the final merged document in one or all of the following ways.
- Save a copy to a folder
- Email the document
- Send for signature
- Push data to Zoho Sheet
- Allow respondent to download the document.
Save response of individual documents in a folder inside Writer.
To save a merged document copy,
- Choose Save a copy to a folder option under the Choose Output header of the Automation panel.
- In the Document Settings tab, enter a file name and choose a unique folder to save your documents.
- Choose the File format. You can save the document as a Writer document, a PDF file, or a .docx file.
- Click Save.
Send a personalized email with the document inline or attached.
To email merged document,
- Click the Email Document checkbox, under the Choose Output header of the Automation panel.
- Click the Document link. Email Settings dialog box will appear.
- Choose the Reply To email address from the drop-down.
- Also, include Cc/Bcc email ids to send a copy of the mail to particular recipients.
- Now enter a subject line to your email. You can create personalized subjects for your emails with merge fields in your subject line.
Click the icon, so that the required field will be merged with the subject line. Learn more on how to create personalized subject to your emails.
- Now choose how to send your document via email.You can send the document as inline or either as an attachment in your mail. Learn more.
- Add additional attachments, if required.
- Click Save. The document will be sent via email to each user on form submission.
Send the merged document to multiple signers from Writer.
To send for signature,
- Choose Send for Signature option under the Choose Output header of the Automation panel.
- Click on Signature link. The Sign Settings pop-up will open.
- In the Sign Settings pop-up, you can enter the details of your signers in the Signer Details tab.
- To be signed by: Choose who should sign your document. You can choose "Only me", "Only Others" and "Me and others".
- Enter signer details: Enter the signer email id. Click on the plus icon to insert a merge field to your signer details. You can add up to 10 signers.
- Enter a unique title to your email.
- Enter email subject and message, if required.
- Add additional attachments to your email.
- Click Advanced Settings tab and do the following:
- Set expiry and reminder to collect the sign.
- Choose the actions to be performed after signing: You can choose to add the signed documents to any folder inside Writer. Also, choose to email the signed documents to any email id.
- Once the above configuration is done, click Save.
You can move on all the form data into Zoho Sheet.
To push data to Zoho Sheet,
- Choose Push data to Zoho Sheet option under the Choose Output header of the Automation panel.
- Click Sheet link.
- Now Zoho Sheet with all the form data will open in a new tab. Keep track of the form entries in your Zoho Sheet file.
You can allow the form respondents to download the document on form submit.
To enable document download,
- Choose Allow respondent to download the document option under the Choose Output header of the Automation panel. The File Output Settings tab will open.
- In the File Output Settings tab, do the following:
- Enter a name to the document to be downloaded.
- Choose File Format (PDF or .docx file).
- Click Save.
- The submitter will get a downloadable link as soon as they hit the Submit button in your form. They can click Download to download the respective files.
Before you share your Form, make sure the automation works as expected. You can test and finalize with sample data.
To preview your form,
- Click Preview Automation, under the Share Form header of the Automation panel.
- This will navigate to the Form that you've created. Add sample data and test the form action.
To share form,
- Click Share, under the Share Form header of the Automation panel. The shared settings dialog box will appear.
- Add the collaborators' email and share the form. See also, Sharing and Collaboration Help.
To track output,
- Click View Form Automation Logs, under the Track Output header of the Automation panel.
- This will navigate to a new window with status reports. You can keep track of the form entries and completed output here.