Configure Sign Workflow
Signature Automation eliminates the manual process involved with sending files for digital signature. Writer has integrated with Zoho Sign and you can define a sign workflow right inside Writer. Once the workflow is set, the documents will be sent for signature to multiple signers automatically. It is not mandatory for the signers to have a Zoho Sign account. They will receive an email and they can click on the Start Signing button to sign the document via Zoho Sign
Table of contents
To set a new sign workflow, you need to have a document template ready for the recipients to sign. Once the Sign Template is ready, you can start bulk inviting signers from Writer in a few simple steps.
To set up a new workflow,
- Click More > Automate tab.
- Click Configure and send for sign.
- The Setup Sign Workflow pop-up will open. Enter the signer details here.
- To enter the signer details, do the following:
- To be signed by: Choose who should sign your document. You can choose "Only me", "Only Others" and "Me and others".
- Enter signer details: Click the drop-down to change the role as Signer, Viewer, or Approver to suit your needs. You need to enter the signer's, approver's, or the viewer's email id. The signer is the one who is required to sign the document. Approvers are allowed to review and then approve the document before the document is sent for signing. The users with the viewer role are allowed to view the document before it is sent for sign collection.
- Click Add Another Signer link to add multiple signers. You can add up to 10 signers.
- Click the 'sign in the above order' checkbox, to set a sequential order for signing. When you enable this option, the next recipient will receive an email notification once the previous recipient has completed the signing process.
- Enter a unique title to your email.
- Enter the emailsubject and message, if required.
- Add additional attachments to your email.
- Click the Advanced Settings tab and do the following:
- Set expiry and auto-reminders to collect the signatures.
- Choose the actions to be performed after signing: You can choose to add the signed documents to any folder inside Writer. Also, choose to email the signed documents to any email recipients.
- Once the above configuration is done, click Send for Sign.
- Once the workflow is set, the documents will be sent for signature to multiple signers. Signers will receive an email and they can click on the Start Signing button in the email to sign the document via Zoho Sign.Note that, It is not mandatory for the signers to have a Zoho Sign account. Click here for steps on how to sign a document as a guest user. If you already have a Zoho Sign account, click here for detailed steps.
- Read the document, fill in your details in the assigned signer fields, and click Finish.
- Keep track of the sign status from the sign collection logs. See the steps below.
To monitor sign collection,
- Open your Sign Template and click More > Automate tab.
- Click the View Sign logs button.
- The Sign Collection Logs popup will open. You can see the status of the sign workflow process here. You can also download the signed document from each signer.
- Click Done.