Zoho Vault offers a provision to access your passwords securely even when you're offline. You can download your passwords in the form of a secure, encrypted HTML file and carry it in any removable media.
How to take an offline copy of your secrets?
- Click 'Tools' tab and choose 'Offline Access' on the left panel.
- Click the 'Download' button to download your offline copy. To view the offline files, simply open it using any standard HTML enabled browser.
- You will be prompted to enter your passphrase to open the file.
- It is not possible to access the file without your passphrase. This guarantees the credibility of the document and ensures that the document cannot be decrypted even if it falls into the wrong hands.
- Everytime you download an offline copy, the activity is recorded in the audit trails.
- If you do not wish to allow your users offline access, you can turn off the 'Offline Access' feature either organization wide for all users or selectively allow/disallow some users as required. This can be done from Admin >> 'Fine-grained access controls' (accessible only by the superadmin/ administrator).