The import option in Zoho Vault lets you import multiple secrets into your vault account in bulk. The input for importing secrets may be in the form of a standard CSV file available locally or in Google drive. There is also an option to export your data from other password managers (LastPass, KeyPass, Passpack) and import them to Zoho Vault.
To import secrets, you have to navigate to "Settings >> Import Secrets" page and select the desired method from the drop down menu to carry out the import.
Note: Importing from Google Drive will work only if you have logged in to Zoho Vault using GApps login.
Importing secrets from a Standard CSV File
1. First, you need to create the file with the passwords to be imported. Zoho Vault typically adds each line in the file as a secret. So, you need to construct the file in such a way that all the lines being imported are consistent and have the same number of fields. Entries should be separated by a comma. The following example illustrates this
2. After creating the file, you can browse to select the file OR copy the data and paste them in the text field that is shown. The browser versions that support file upload are IE 10, Chrome 15, Firefox 20 and above. While importing secrets from a standard CSV file, it is ideal to export separate .csv files for every type of secret such as Web Accounts, Windows, Unix etc.
3. The next step is to specify the format of your entries and use delimiters if needed, to ensure that the secrets are separated accordingly. Then, you also have to select the classification and type under which the secrets are to be added - "Enterprise" or "Personal".
4. The final step before verification is to map the imported columns with the inherent columns in Vault in order to specify the order in which the entries are to be imported. For instance, if you are importing secrets of 'Web Accounts', fields such as 'Username' and 'Password' would be required fields in Vault that have to be mapped with the imported columns.
5. Once you are done with the above steps, click 'Verify' at the bottom of the page. Zoho Vault would display the format in which the secrets will be imported, based on your column mapping. Click 'Import' after checking the secrets.
Importing Secrets from other Password Managers
Zoho Vault supports importing of secrets from other password managers, viz. LastPass, KeePass, and Passpack. Following are the steps on how to import secrets from them
- Prerequisite : To import, the secrets have to be first exported from your existing password manager.
LastPass: Export can be done either from the LastPass web interface or from the LastPass addon >> Tools >> Advanced Tools >> Export To >> LastPass CSV File.
KeyPass: File >> Export >> KeePass CSV File
Passpack: Tools >> Export. Select the format as 'CSV' and also select the option 'All Entries' and click 'Continue'.
- After completing the above step, you can browse to select the file and load it or simply copy-paste the file content in the text field.
- Select the classification for the secrets to be added and click 'Verify'.
- Once you have verified the format in which the secrets will be imported, click 'Import'.