Consider a situation where you need to access your secrets when you do not have network connectivity or are not able to access Zoho Vault for some reason. As a solution, Zoho Vault offers a provision to export secrets in plain-text format to a text file. The entries are printed in comma-separated form in the text file.
To export secrets -
- Click the 'Tools' tab. Choose 'Export Secrets' button on the left panel.
- You can either export all the secrets OR export only the ones that belong to a particular secret type.
- Click 'Save to disk' to download the CSV file.
Alternatively, you can copy the passwords directly from the Vault GUI to a text file. Click the 'Export secrets'
button at the bottom of the page to get your passwords in comma-separated form in a text field.
- Remember that the passwords you export are not encrypted in any form. For a secure way of exporting passwords, use the 'Offline Access' feature to get your data in an encrypted HTML format.
- In case, you do not wish to allow your users to export passwords, Zoho Vault offers a provision to disable this option altogether OR selectively disable for specific users. You can do this from Admin >> Fine-grained access controls.
- Every time the 'Export secrets' feature is used, it is reflected in the audit trails along with the name and IP address of the person who accessed it.