Writing Off or Making your Invoice Void
You can always write-off an unpaid invoice and close it. Void an already sent invoice, and create another without changing the numbering order.
The invoice needs to be written off when you are sure that the customer is not going to pay and you need to close the invoice. The details report will have the balance due as NIL.
- Choose the invoice you wish to write off and click on the More drop down present on the top-right corner.
- Select the Write Off option.
- Choose the date on which you wish to record the write off.
- Provide a reason for writing off the invoice.
- Click on Write it off to write off the invoice.
This case is when you have error in the invoice and you need to create and issue another invoice in lieu of the voided invoice. This way the numbering sequence will be undisturbed. The details report will show the balance due for the voided amount.
From the More drop down present on top of the invoice window, select the Void option.
Note: Deleting an invoice will remove all traces of the invoice in the system. Voiding will not remove the invoice from the system, but will not reflect it in the sales figure and the numbering sequence will not be changed.