How do I set up a hierarchical approval flow?
Admins can set up hierarchical approval flows while creating new users or in the user details page of the existing users. Here’s how:
- Click Admin View.
- Click the icon in the top right corner and select Users under Users and Control.
- If you’re creating a new user, click + New User at the top right side of the page. If its an existing user, click the name of the user for whom you want to set up the hierarchical approval flow and click the icon at the top right side of the page.
- Choose an approver for the user from the Submits To dropdown. Set a criterion, if required.
- If the role of the user you’re creating or editing has approval permissions, you can choose an approver from the Approves and Forwards To dropdown. All the records that are approved by the user you’re creating or editing will be submitted to the user selected from the Approves and Forwards To dropdown, for further approval.
- Click Save. The hierarchical approval will be set for the user and all the reports, trips, and advances will be submitted to the approver selected under the Submits To dropdown. The records that are approved by the user will be submitted to the approver selected under the Approves and Forwards To dropdown, for further approval.