Let’s take a look at how you can manage your advances.
If you’ve applied a wrong or an irrelevant advance to a report, you can remove that advance from the report. However, you cannot remove advances from reports that are in Awaiting Approval, approved , or reimbursed statuses.
You cannot remove advances from your trip requests. However, you can delete the advances associated to your trip requests. Once you delete the advances, you cannot retrieve them. If approval is enabled for the advances in your organization, you will not be able to delete approved advances.
If you want to make changes to an existing advance, you can edit it.
Prerequisites: If approval is enabled for the advances in your organization, you can only edit the advances that are in RECALLED, or REJECTED statuses.
To edit an advance:
- Go to Advances.
- Click the advance you want to edit.
- Click the
Edit icon on the top right corner of the page.
- Make the necessary changes and click Record Advance.
- Your advance will be updated. If your advance has already been applied to a report, the changes will be reflected in the report.
- Alternatively, you can also edit the advances that are applied to your reports. Also, you can edit the advances that are applied to your trips.
Note: If you’ve applied advances to a report and have submitted that report for approval, you will not be able to edit the advances in that report.
You can delete the advances that you’ve recorded.
- Advance associated with a Awaiting Approval, Approved, or Reimbursed report cannot be deleted.
- If approval is enabled for the advances in your organization, you cannot delete Approved advances.
To delete advances: