Using Zoho Expense, Admins can record the advance payment given to their employees. They can keep track of the advance amount spent and the amount remaining in the hands of the employee. Employees can apply this advance amount on their expense amount, at the same time, record advance payment on their own.
Let’s go deeper into how this works:
- Recording advance payment for your employees
- Applying advance payments on reports
- Recording advance payment in reports
- Editing/Removing an Advance payment
- Deleting an advance payment
- Using excess advance payment on future expense reports
Recording advance payment for your employees
- Admins can record the payments for their employees from the Advance Payment section on LHS.
- Click the +Record Advance button on the top right corner.
- In the pop-up that follows, select a User, provide the advance amount, the date etc. Select the paid through account and provide notes for reference if necessary.
- Click Record Advance.
- If the employee’s report total is less than the advance payment, the remaining advance amount that the employee owes to the employer will be also mentioned in that list.
Applying advance payments on reports
Perform the following steps to apply advance payments on a report.
- Go to the report on which you would like to apply the advance payments.
- In the report details, you will see a button showing the number of advance-payments available to you.
- Select the advance payment you would like to associate with the expense report. You can also associate multiple advance payments.
- On scrolling down the details, you will see the list of advance payments associated with the report.
Note: You can associate advance payments only with draft or rejected reports.
Recording advance payment in reports
Employees can also record advance payment for themselves. Admins can view the Advance Payment recorded by the employee under Advance Payment section.
To record advance payment:
- Select an expense report that is in Draft, Recall, or Rejected status.
- Click on the Record Advance Payment button.
- Enter the amount which you would like to add as advance payment.
- Click on Record Advance button.
- The recorded advance will be visible under Advance Payments of the Report Total section.
Editing/Removing an Advance payment
To edit an advance payment:
- Click on the report for which you have recorded an advance payment.
- Move to the Advance Payments section in the report details.
- Click on the More icon present next to the Advance amount.
- Select Edit option from the drop-down.
- An Edit Advance Payment window will open on the screen.
- Make the necessary changes and click Record Advance for the changes to take effect.
- Similarly, to remove the advance payment from a report, select Remove option from the drop-down.
- Confirm your action in the pop-up that follows and voila! the advance payment has been removed.
Deleting an advance payment
Admins can delete the advance payment recorded for the employees by performing the following steps:
- Navigate to Advance Payments.
- Click on the Advance payment you would like to delete.
- Click on the trash icon located on the bottom right corner.
- You will be prompted to confirm you action of deleting the advance payment.
- Click Confirm to delete the advance payment.
P.S: Advance associated with a Submitted, Approved and Reimbursed report cannot be deleted.
Using excess advance payment on future expense reports
For example, your employee applies an advance payment of $100 to an expense report of $80. As an admin, you can carry forward the excess amount of $20 as a new advance payment which your employee can use on future expense reports.
Admins can perform the following steps:
- Go to the Reports Approval.
- Select the particular report under all approvals.
- Click Record Reimbursement option.
- Select Use the balance amount on future expense reports option.
- Click Record Reimbursement option to save the details.
Now employees can view the newly created advance payment in their Advance Payments module and use the amount on future expense reports. If the advance approval is enabled for the organization, advance payments will be automatically approved.