How do I record VAT on import of goods for my bills?

VAT has to be charged on the import of goods if your supplier is based out of the UK. While creating a bill for such cases, you will have to select EU VAT registered or EU Non-VAT Registered as the VAT treatment. Once you’ve created the bill, you can record VAT on import. To do this:

  • Create your bill with the VAT treatment as EU VAT/EU non-VAT registered.
  • Click the More dropdown in the top right corner.
  • Click Record Import VAT.
  • Enter the Entry Number, Date, Paid Through account, etc,.
  • Click Save.
Was this document helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Want a feature?

Switch to smart accounting software. Switch to Zoho Books.   Start my free 14-day trial Explore Demo Account


Online accounting software
for small businesses.