- Importing Sales Order
- Attaching Files with Sales Order
- Edit, Clone, Print, PDF, Mail, Delete
- Canceling Items in a Sales Order
- Custom Views
- Custom Status
Importing Sales Order
Data import can be carried out for each entity in Zoho Books including Sales Orders. To Import sales orders into Zoho Books,
Go to the Sales Orders tab, where all your orders are listed. Click on the menu button and select the option ‘Import Sales Orders’.
From here you can download a sample file to check the proper format for upload and ensure your PO file matches that format, or directly proceed to upload that file
You also have an option to enable auto generation of SO number for the file you’re about to upload.
Zoho Books will auto match the file headers of the imported file to the closest matching field in Zoho Books. You can manually edit each field too to match the headers, and save these preferences for future use.
On proceeding, Zoho Books shows you any unmapped field you may have left out or could not match. You can map these by adding new fields matching the respective headers.
Attaching Files with Sales Order
You can attach any receipts, bills or attachments associated with the sales order and send it to your customer.
- To attach a file for a sales order, click on the Attach File option placed inside the More drop down.
- After selecting the option, a pop-up screen appears where you can select the file to be uploaded by clicking on the Select File button or just drag & drop the files to upload.
Edit, Clone, Print, PDF, Mail, Delete
You can Edit, Clone, Print, download as PDF, Mail and Delete your sales order. You can also make your sales order Void.
Sales orders created by you can be edited by clicking on the Edit icon placed above the sales order window.
You can print a sales order by clicking on the Print icon, download as PDF by clicking on the PDF icon and send an email by selecting the Mail icon. All these options are provided on the top of the sales order window.
You can also create a duplicate of the sales order with the same details by selecting the Clone option from the More drop down.
You can make your sales order irrelevant by selecting the Void option from the More drop down. Only Sales orders in the draft, open and due status can be terminated this way.
A sales order can be deleted by selecting the Delete option from the More drop down.
Canceling items in a Sales Order
You can selectively cancel items in a Sales Order or change the quantity of the items in the sales order based on the changes requested by your customer. After selectively canceling the items, you can invoice the remaining items to your customer.
Prerequisite: The sales order must have partially non-invoiced items.
To cancel the items in a sales order:
- Go to the Sales Order module.
- Open a sales order.
- Click the More dropdown on the top-right corner of the window.
- Select the Cancel Items option from the dropdown menu.
- A dialogue box opens up with the items and its quantity for the Sales Order.
- Retain the items that needs to be canceled.
- Mention the quantity of the item to be canceled in the Quantity field.
- Click the Save button to proceed.
- The details of the canceled items are listed in the Canceled Items tab.
- Likewise, you can reopen canceled items in sales orders.
- You cannot cancel items for which an invoice has been created from the particular Sales Order.
- If your sales order is in draft or in confirmed state without any invoice or package associated, its line items can be either edited or the sales order itself can be voided.
Bulk Cancel Item in a Sales Order
Prerequisite: A sales order must have partially invoiced items.
To bulk cancel in a Sales Order:
- Go to the Sales Order module.
- Select all the sales orders in which you wish to cancel the items.
- Click the More button and select Bulk Cancel items option from the dropdown menu.
- Similarly, you can bulk reopen canceled items in sales orders.
Note: You cannot specify the quantity while bulk canceling items from sales orders. To do so, you need to open the specific sales order and then proceed with the cancelation.
Custom views are specific filters to list the Sales Orders based on your criteria. For example, out of all your Sales Orders in Zoho Books, you might want to view the sales orders which were shipped on a particular day. With Custom Views, you can simply create this filter, set criteria and use it to classify data.
To create a Custom View:
- Go to the Sales Orders module in the left pane.
- Click the All Sales Orders drop down, present at the top left.
- Select + New Custom View.
- Enter a Name to your view, define Criteria, Column Preference (i.e. columns which you want to display in the filtered results).
- Click Save. Your new custom view will be listed under Created By Me, in the dropdown.
Custom Status allows you to mark certain Sales Orders with a specific custom status, apart from the default statuses provided in Zoho Books. You can change the default status to anything you would want it to be. For example: you might have multiple sales orders that are confirmed and need to be shipped, but you may choose to ship them later. In such cases, it would be convenient to assign a custom status ‘To be shipped’ to all those confirmed sales orders that require shipping.
To create a Custom Status:
- Click the Gear icon in the top-right corner of the window.
- Select Preferences.
- Click Sales Orders.
- Click + Add New Custom Status under the Custom Status section.
Select a default sales order status from the Custom Status For dropdown.
Note: This will act as a parent status to your custom status. You can mark your sales order with the custom status only when it has reached its corresponding parent status. For example: if your custom status name is To be shipped and its parent status is Open, you can mark only the Open sales orders as To be shipped.
Enter the Status Name for your new custom status.
To mark a sales order with the custom status:
- Go to any sales order with the status chosen in the Custom Status For field.
- Click the More dropdown and click an option to mark the sales order with your custom status.
To revert the custom status back to its default status:
- Click the More dropdown of the respective sales order.
- Select the appropriate option to mark the sales order with the default status.
Note: If the parent status is changed, say from Draft to Open, the custom status will be unmapped from the sales order.
Filter Sales Orders using Custom Status
You can filter the sales orders based on the custom statuses you’ve created. This allows you to view the sales orders marked with the custom status. To filter:
- Create a Custom View.
- Select Order Sub-status as the criteria for the view while creating the custom view.
- Click Save.