If you are temporarily not transacting with any customer/vendor, you can mark them as inactive.
If you still want to delete the customer/vendor that you’ve created in Zoho Books, you have to delete all the sales and purchase transactions associated with them. You will also have to delete any journal entries associated with the customer/vendor.
To view the sales transactions of your customer:
- Go to Sales > Customers and select the customer/vendor.
- Select the Sales tab to the right side of the page.
To view the purchase transactions of your vendor:
- Go to Purchases > Vendors and select the vendor.
- Select the Purchases tab to the right side of the page.
You must delete the transactions displayed in these Sales/Purchases tab to delete a customer/vendor.
After you’ve deleted the transactions of the customer/vendor, you can delete the customer/vendor. Here’s how:
- Go to Sales > Customers (for customers) and Purchases > Vendors (for vendors) and select the customer/vendor you want to delete.
- Select More > Delete.
- Click Delete to confirm.
To delete multiple customers/vendors at once:
- Go to Sales > Customers (for customers) and Purchases > Vendors (for vendors) and check the boxes next to the customers/vendors you want to delete.
- Click More > Delete.
- Select Delete to confirm.