Additional Fields for Contact
In Zoho Books, some of the standard fields of a contact include their billing address, shipping address, currency, social accounts, etc. Sometimes, you might want to add additional fields for your customers apart from the ones we provide. For example, a unique code for customers. You can add these additional fields for your contacts through Custom Fields. These fields can have different data types like text, auto generate number, drop-down, etc.
To add custom fields for your customers or vendors:
- Go to Settings > Preferences > Contacts.
- Select the Custom Fields tab on top of the page.
- Click + New Custom Field.
- Enter the Label Name and Data Type.
- To make the field mandatory while creating contacts, check Yes under Is Mandatory.
- For customers to be able to view it in their client portal, select Yes under Display in portal.
- Click Save.
You will now be able to enter details in the custom fields while creating customers or vendors. These fields will also be displayed in your transactions like invoices or bills if you include them in the Placeholders box under Settings > Contacts > Preferences > Custom Fields.