VAT MOSS Report
Notes: Post Brexit (i.e. from 1 January 2021), the tax treatment for all the countries outside the UK will be considered as Overseas. Therefore, UK VAT MOSS will not be applicable when digital services are provided for businesses that are located outside the UK. Instead, you can register for the Non-Union VAT MOSS scheme in an EU member state or register for VAT in each EU member state where you supply digital services to consumers.
The moment you send the sales transactions for digital services to your customer, it is all recorded in the MOSS report. A complete report sorted with the country you sell and the tax that needs to be paid to that particular country.
- Navigate to Reports > Taxes > VAT MOSS Report.
- You can customise your reports according to the Date Range, Report Basis options provided and run report.
|Member State of Consumption||The country to which you sell digital services.|
|VAT||The VAT rate applied for the particular country.|
|Taxable Amount||The total amount for which you have sold your digital services.|
|Tax Amount||The tax applied on the total taxable amount for that country.|
EC Sales List
This report details the sales of the goods and services you rendered to your customers in the European Union who are registered for VAT. It is mandatory for you to file the EC (European Commission) Sales to HMRC for any sales transaction to EU - VAT registered customers.
Learn more about filing your EC Sales list box-by-box.
- Go to Reports > Sales > EC Sales List
This report can be generated by a specific date range and for the product type in which you have had sales transactions with an EU - VAT registered customer.
- The Indicator field will display the Goods and Services rendered to your customers.
- The indicator Goods will display both the Goods and also include the Service Associated with Goods while creating the invoice.
- The indicator Services will only display the services you render to your customers.
VAT Summary Report
VAT summary report provides a cummulative summary of different types of VAT that are collected over a specified period of time.
You can access the VAT Summary report from Reports > Taxes > VAT Summary
The VAT summary report will display information on the following:
- Output VAT - VAT on sales.
- Input VAT - VAT on purchases.
- Acquisition VAT - VAT on acquisition of goods from other European countries.
- Reverse Charge VAT - Reverse charge VAT on services received from overseas suppliers.
Generating a VAT Summary Report
To generate a VAT summary report:
- Click on the Reports section on the left sidebar.
- Select Taxes and click on VAT Summary
- Choose the date range for which you wish to generate the VAT summary and click on the Run Report button.