Zoho Invoice - Zoho Projects Integration
Benefits of this Integration:
- View & edit the invoices created under Zoho Projects in your Zoho Invoice account.
- Create an invoice in your Zoho Invoice account for projects created in Zoho Projects.
- View expenses created from your Zoho Projects account in Zoho Invoice.
When you setup the integration, the following details will be shared with Zoho Projects:
- User’s email address.
- Portal name.
- ZSC key.
Connecting with Zoho Projects
- Open your Zoho Projects account and navigate to the Settings page.
- Select Org Settings and click on the Portal Settings tab.
- Scroll down to find the Developer Space section.
- Copy the ZSC (Zoho Service Communication) Key and the Email ID from this section.
- Login to your Zoho Invoice account and go to > Integrations.
- Under integration, select Zoho Apps.
- Here you will find Zoho Projects which has not been integrated yet.
- To integrate, click on Connect.
- A new window will pop up, requesting your Email Address and Zoho Projects ZSC Key.
- Enter or Paste the credentials that you copied previously from your Zoho Projects account and click on Next.
- Once the connection is through, you will be requested to select a Portal which has been linked to your Zoho Projects Account.
Insight: The list will show all the portals in which you are the Owner.
- Done, now you have successfully integrated Zoho Projects with your Zoho Invoice account.
Creating an Invoice from Zoho Invoice for Zoho Projects
- Click on the More Actions icon from the Invoices list window and select Invoice for Zoho Projects.
- A new window will open up requesting you to select and enter information for creating an invoice for Zoho Projects.
- The drop downs will contain the information already saved in your Zoho Projects account.
- Select the project in Zoho Projects for which you are creating an invoice.
- Select the customer for the project.
Insight:If you wish to send the invoice to a customer created in your Zoho Invoice account, leave the customer field blank and create invoice. You can select the customer when the invoice form shows up for editing.
- Enter the Rate, set the from & to date and select the invoice type. Invoice type categorises the line items accordingly. i.e; Projects as a whole in a line item, all the tasks as line items, etc.
- If you wish to include any unbilled expenses, select Yes. include all unbilled expenses associated with this project.
Insight: This will include expenses created in Zoho Projects for the above selected project and customer only.
- Click on Create Invoice to finish.
- Once created, this invoice will reflect in your Zoho Projects accounts under Invoices & Expenses tab. This invoice can be edited in Zoho Projects too.
In the same manner, an invoice created in Zoho Projects will also be reflected in Zoho Invoice. You can view and edit the invoice in your Zoho Invoice account.
Expenses recorded in Zoho Projects will also be reflected in your Zoho Invoice account.
Insight: Once a task is completed and invoiced in Zoho Projects / Zoho Invoice, it cannot be invoiced again in Zoho Invoice / Zoho Projects.
Scenario: This integration is very helpful when you run a company where you have multiple projects running and if you need to generate reports on the invoices and expenses. All the invoices that are created in Zoho Projects will be reflecting in your Zoho Invoice account too, this way you can generate reports from the Reports module in Zoho Invoice. Plus, it gives access to dual mode communication from Zoho Invoice and Zoho Projects in regards with invoices.