Advanced Analytics in Zoho Invoice
The Reports module of Zoho Invoice has a standard set of reports which you can generate to know the financial health of your organisation. Even though these reports address the requirements of a majority of businesses, there is always a need for customisation depending on the type of business.
Advanced analytics a.k.a Zoho Invoice - Zoho Analytics integration allows you to create highly customisable reports and dashboards to visualise and track key metrics from your Zoho Invoice data.
When you integrate your Zoho Invoice organization with Zoho Analytics, your email address, contacts, invoices, estimates and expenses will be shared with Zoho Analytics.
IN THIS PAGE…
Highlights of Advanced Analytics
By Enabling Advanced Analytics you can,
- Get access to a full-featured business intelligence (BI) and reporting tool that can slice & dice your Zoho Invoice data to create any report/dashboard you require.
- Create your own reports and dashboards based on your Zoho Invoice data or from any other data sources and popular business applications.
- Share reports and dashboards with your colleagues.
- Schedule and email your reports whenever you want.
- Export your reports as PDF, HTML, Excel, CSV and image files.
- Embed your reports in websites, blogs, etc.
Setting up the integration in Zoho Analytics
For the integration to work, you should add and enable the Zoho Finance add-on from within Zoho Analytics.
The add-on enables you to import your Zoho Invoice organisation data into Zoho Analytics for advanced reporting and analysis.
Any Zoho user who is an Administrator of the organisation in Zoho Invoice can configure this add-on to analyse their Zoho Invoice organisation data. Please note that, only one setup is allowed per organisation in Zoho Analytics.
The Zoho Finance Advanced Analytics connector powered by Zoho Analytics is available in all the paid plans of Zoho Analytics (starting from $25 per month). This will empower you with financial analytical capabilities over your Zoho Invoice data. Apart from that, you can also create insightful reports & dashboards for in depth financial analysis. Learn more.
If you’re already a Zoho Analytics user, and have a paid plan, you can use the add-on for free.
To enable the add-on, kindly follow the instructions below:
- Log into your Zoho Analytics account and click on Subscription on the top-right corner.
- Click on the Upgrade tab.
- Look for the plan that you’re in and click on Manage.
- In the page that follows, check the Zoho Finance Connector option to enable the add-on.
Note: If you’re in the free plan, you’ll have to pay for the add-on.
Setting up the integration in Zoho Invoice
To set up Advanced Analytics in Zoho Invoice, kindly follow the instructions below:
- Log into your Zoho Invoice account.
- Click on the Gear icon present on the top-right corner and select Integrations
- Under Integrations, select Zoho Apps.
- Scroll down to Zoho Analytics and click on Connect.
- In the page that follows, click on Configure.
- You will be taken to a page where you will be asked to choose the modules whose data you wish to sync with Zoho Analytics.
- Select the modules and their respective fields whose data you wish to share with Zoho Analytics.
- Choose how often you wish to sync your data with Zoho Analytics; you can choose to do it once, once in a few hours, or every day at a particular time.
- Choosing None under Schedule option will sync the data only once; at the time of integration.
- Once done, click Save and Sync.
Zoho Invoice - Reports integration
Once the setup is completed, it will take some time for all the data from your Invoice account to be transfered to Zoho Analytics. Please note that you cannot make any changes to the settings until the data transfer is complete.
You will receive an email after the data from Zoho Invoice is imported into Zoho Analytics.
Once the data is synced, you can generate in-depth reports by navigating to the reports section.
- Click on the Reports module from the sidebar and click on Advanced Analytics at the top right corner of the page.
- You will be taken to your Zoho Analytics account where you can view all the data that was imported from Zoho Invoice.
- Apart from accessing pre-defined reports, you can also create your own custom reports and visualise them in different formats such as bar chart, pie chart, etc. To know more, click here.
Sharing Zoho Analytics
Only the Admin, who configured the Zoho Invoice and Zoho Analytics integration will be able to view the reports. To share it with other users in your organisation or anyone else,
- Select Reports module from the sidebar in Zoho Invoice.
- Click on Advanced Analytics on the top right side corner of the page.
- In the Zoho Analytics page that appears, click on Share option.
- Here you can choose whether to share views with users/groups and edit the permissions provided and add/edit database owners.
- Choose Add/Edit Database Owner from the Share drop-down.
- In the pop-up window that appears, enter the email id of the user, whom you want to add as owner and hit Next.
- You can choose whether notifications should be sent to the newly added members or the deleted ones.
- Select Add to send an invite to the user.
Deactivating Advanced Analytics
You can deactivate advanced analytics anytime. Note that, all the data and reports created in your Zoho Analytics account will be deleted. To deactivate advanced analytics:
- Click the Gear icon on the top right corner of the Zoho Invoice home page.
- Go to Integrations –> Zoho Apps.
- Scroll to Zoho Analytics and click on Show Details.
- In the page that appears, click on Deactivate.
To know more about Advanced analytics integration, refer to Zoho Analytics help documentation.