Preferences is where you would be setting up the mileage rates and vehicle details. If your organisation uses different vehicles with different mileage rates, you can store them here. Later, based on this, you can record expenses and get them reimbursed by raising an invoice for them.
Mileage Rate and Vehicle Tracking:
Scenario: Charles has 3 different vehicles which he uses for delivery. He would like to track the mileage expenses for all of these separately. He adds them in the preferences section with their mileage rate and raises expenses for them separately.
Similarly, you can add your vehicle details in the preferences and record expenses for them.
- Go to the Vehicle tab and click the +New Vehicle button.
- Enter the vehicle’s name in the Vehicle Name field.
- Give the description of the vehicle (if you want to) in the Hint field and hit the Save button.
- Go to the Preferences tab.
- Choose the default category under which the expense usually falls and select the default unit.
- Under Mileage rates, select the Start date, choose the vehicle from the drop down and enter the mileage rate.
- Likewise, click on the +Add Mileage Rate to add another vehicle’s info.
- Hit the Save button when you’re done.