The meals are taxable while the tips are not. Can I record both together, without applying tax on the tip?
When you meet a client for lunch and want to record the expense in Zoho Expense, you might want to apply tax only on the food and not on the tip you paid. You can record this easily by itemizing the expense.
- Go to Expenses from the left sidebar.
- Click + New Expense.
- Click Itemize in the expense creation form. The form expands to include expenses as items.
- Enter the meal expense as your first item and apply tax on it.
- Add the tip you paid as your second item and associate it with a different category, if necessary. The expense total will be calculated automatically, with tax applied only to the meal expense.
- Associate the expense with the customer and make it billable, if required.
- Add it to an existing report or to a new report.
- Click Save and Close.