In Zoho Expense, you can mark an expense as billable in order to bill them to your customers and get them paid. Zoho Expense does not have the option to create invoices right from within the application. But, if you’re using Zoho Expense and Zoho Books, the integration will allow you to bill your customer from Zoho Books.
To create an invoice for your billable expense:
- Login to your Zoho Books account and click on the Expenses section from under the Purchases tab.
- Select the ‘From Zoho Expense’ filter from the top left corner, to view all approved expenses from Zoho Expense.
- The status of the billable expenses will be marked as unbilled if invoices weren’t created from them.
- Select the expense which you wish to bill your customer and click on the ‘Convert to Invoice’ option.
- If you have other unbilled expenses linked to the customer, you can include them from the same page.
- Now, click on the ‘Save as Draft’ to send later, or click on the ‘Save and Send’ button to send the invoice to your customer.