Click on the below links to easily navigate through the page.
- Creating expense reports from expenses
- Creating and submitting a new expense report
- Recalling a submitted report
- Attaching files to an expense report
- More options
- Filtering expense reports
- Updating expense reports in bulk
- Sorting expense reports
- Importing expense reports
- Exporting expense reports
- Admin Settings
Creating expense reports from expenses
- Click on the Expenses section on the left sidebar.
- Filter Unreported Expenses from the list of available expenses.
- Select an unreported expense which you would like to add to an expense report.
- Click on the Add to Report button present on top of the page.
- You will see a drop-down menu with the list of available expense reports and another option to create a new report.
Creating and submitting a new expense report
- Click the + icon present right next to the Reports section or + New Report button present on the top right corner of the Reports section.
- You will be redirected to a New Report page.
- Fill the text fields with necessary information like Report title, business purpose, duration, customer, etc.
- You can also associate tags to your reports. Learn more about tags.
- Click the Unreported expenses button in order to add unreported expenses to your report. (if there’s any)
Else, click on the New Expense button to create a new expense within the report.
- Click on Save to save the report as Draft, and click on Save and Submit to submit your created report for approval.
- In case you have more than one expense report that has to be submitted to your approver, then you can choose to submit them in bulk.
Note: The + Add cc option can be accessed while submitting a saved report. While clicking on the Submit button you will be prompted to select your approver and add email address to those to whom you wish to cc the report. Enter the email address and click Submit to complete the process.
Recalling a submitted report
You can edit an already submitted report before it being approved by the approver. In order to do that:
- Go to the Reports section and select the report which you would like to edit.
- Click on the Recall button present on the top of the page.
- Your report will be assigned recall status, allowing you to edit it as per your needs.
- After editing the report, click on the Re-Submit button to submit it again for approval.
Note: While recalling a report, a notification email will be sent to your approver.
Attaching files to an expense report
Consider an example where you receive an approval statement from your manager prior to a business trip. While claiming reimbursement for the expenses incurred during the trip, it becomes convenient for the approver if he/she can view the approval statement along with the expense report. Let us see how that’s done:
- Go to the report to which you would like to attach a file.
- Click on the Attach icon located at the top the report.
- You can upload it either by dragging and dropping it into the box or from your cloud account. You can upload a maximum of 5 files, each of size 7MB.
- The file should be of the following formats:
- The approver can view the file by clicking on the Attach icon. Files in the PNG and JPEG format will not be shown in the PDF of the report.
When you open an expense report, you see a More button on the top right corner of the report. If you click on the button, you will see a drop-down with the following options:
- Share - Allows you to share your reports with other users of the organisation.
- Archive - Allows you to archive your reports.
- PDF - Allows you to export your report as PDF.
- Print - Allows you to print your expense reports.
- Download receipts - Download all the receipts included in your expense report as a zip file.
Filtering expense reports
Below given are the list of available expense entry filters.
- Shared with me
Updating reports in bulk
To update your expense reports in bulk, perform the following steps:
- Move to the Reports module in the left sidebar.
- Select the reports you want to update collectively.
- Click the Bulk update button on top of the list.
- The bulk field update window will pop-up on your screen.
- Make changes to the field(s) of your choice.
- Click Save.
Sorting expense reports
Under the Reports section, expense reports can be sorted through various parameters such as:
- Created time
- Report Number
- Report Title
- Start Date
- End Date
- Submitted on
Importing expense reports
Expense reports can be imported in two formats:
- CSV - Comma Seprated Values
TSV - Tab Separated Values In order to import expense reports:
Click on the Reports section on the left sidebar.
Click on the Options button present right next to the + New Report button.
Select Import Reports.
- Select your report file. (See supported formats.)
- Click Next.
- Map fields from your uploaded file and click Next.
Click Import to import expense reports on to your Zoho Expense account.
Exporting expense reports
Individual Expense reports can be exported in two formats:
CSV - Comma Separated Values
XLS - Microsoft Excel Format
In order to export expense entries:
- Click on the Reports section on the left sidebar.
- Go to the report you would like to export.
- Click on the More drop-down and select Export.
- Select the format in which you would like to export your expense data. (CSV or XLS.)
- Click Export to download your data on to your computer
Note: You can export individual expense reports as PDF. (Expense Reports > More > PDF)
You can configure the settings related to the reports module such as:
- Report number
- Report name automation
- PDF options
- Report custom status
- Report submission
- Approval preference
- Approval types
- Fields customization.
Learn more about Reports Preferences.