Bounce Address Setup
Bounce emails are emails that failed to deliver. The email delivery failure might be due to permanent reasons (hard bounces) or temporary reasons (soft bounces). Such bounced emails are returned back to a specified address called bounce address. Bounce address is also called as mail-from address or return-path address. It is mandatory to specify a bounce address before you can send an email. For adding a bounce address you have to configure MX server. MX server is the email receiving server for all the emails you sent via TransMail. For this, point your domain MX Record to TransMail. Go to Domain Verification page to know how to point your domain MX record to TransMail.
Ensure that the MX record of the domain/ sub-domain added, is not pointed to other email providers. If so, use a different domain or sub-domain for MX configuration in TransMail.
- From the left panel, click on Mail Agents and select a Mail Agent where you want to add the bounce address.
- Navigate to Domains tab.
- Select Domain Name for which you want to add Bounce Address.
- Check whether MX Record is verified for the domain selected in Verification Status section. Verified MX Records are indicated by a green tick mark before MX Record. If MX Record is verified, enter the mailbox name and click on Add.
If you want to send different types of transactional emails like welcome emailers and notifications from the same domain but want to receive the bounces for welcome mailers and bounces for notifications in separate mailboxes, then you need to create more than one bounce address for this domain.
Hover over the domain and click on the Bounce settings option to add more bounce addresses using the steps given above.
- From the left panel, click on Mail Agents and select a Mail Agent where you want to delete the bounce address.
- Navigate to Domains tab.
- Identify Domain Name for which you want to delete the bounce address.
- Hover over your domain to view Bounce Settings on the right corner.
- Click on Bounce Settings.
The BOUNCE ADDRESS SETUP box will appear. Click on delete icon for the bounce address you want to delete. Here we are going to delete firstname.lastname@example.org address.
- The bounce address email@example.com is deleted successfully.
Before you get started it is important to know that TransMail is for sending transactional emails like welcome emailers, password resets emails, OTPs. We do not support sending of bulk emails or promotional emails like newsletters or marketing campaign emails. If you are looking for a bulk email provider, you can visit Zoho Campaigns.