In-mail surveys are perfect when you want to embed a short survey in your email. Type in your question and your survey is ready. In-mail surveys can have only one question and it generates an HTML setup that can work with any email marketing software. In-mail surveys can't be accessed by using a live form URL on publishing it.
How do I create an in-mail survey?
- If you are a new user, click Create under In-mail Survey on the Zoho Survey home page.
- If you are an existing user, click Create under In-mail Survey on the left pane of the My Surveys page.
- Fill in the Survey Name field.
- Enter tags for this survey next to Add Tag. Separate tags with space. Adding tags now will help you find surveys later when you search on the tags.
- Click Create Survey.
- Type your question in the Survey Question box.
- Click Predefined Images to select images from our collection.
- Click the image icon
to upload an image of your choice. From image gallery: Drag and drop the image or click Drop image here to upload the image of your choice. Or select an image from the gallery. From URL: Type in or copy/paste the web link of the image in the Image URL box. Click Confirm. Enter labels for your images. This isn't mandatory. Click + to add more choices. Click x to delete a choice.
- Click SaveandNext to proceed.
The landing page is a customizable page where respondents land when they select an answer in the in-mail survey. You can customize the survey end pages by adding logic to send specific audiences to different end pages based on their responses.
How do I add a logo and title to my survey?
- If you are a paid user, click Browse in the Header section.
Select an image: From URL: Type in or copy/paste the web link of the image in the Image URL box. The image should be in JPEG or PNG format with a resolution of 250px x 85px. If you haven't upgraded to our paid plans, the Zoho Survey logo will be added to your survey, by default. As part of our branding, we include the Zoho logo in the header of all free plan surveys. You can remove this and add a custom logo if you have a paid plan. Add a title to your survey. Click Save Settings.
How do I add logic to my survey end page?
- Click Add Logic in the End Page Logic section.
Select a question in the If list. Set a condition: Equal to Not equal to Contains Starts with Ends with If you select anything that has a numerical value in the If section, choose from the following conditions: Equal to Not equal to Less than Greater than In between Type in or choose the answer you're looking for in the operand box provided. Select what you want your respondents to see after submitting their response in the Then list: Zoho Survey's Thank You page: Send the respondent to Zoho Survey's default Thank You page. Show summary of responses: Send the respondent to the Reports page, where they can see all the responses in a report format. Show the submitted response: Show respondent the response they submitted. Custom message: Show respondents a customized message instead of the usual Thank You page. You can also insert a variable to the survey close message. Redirect to a new page: Send respondents to a different page after they submit their responses. You can also add parameters to the redirect URL and mention parameters in the survey response. To do so: Click Add Parameter in the Dynamic Parameters section. Enter the parameter name. Set the parameter value. Click + to add more parameters. Click x to delete a parameter. Click the trash icon to delete a logic option. You can add multiple logic options here and send your respondents to different pages based on their responses. Click Save Settings.
How can I change my survey's default end page?
- Select what you want your respondents to see after they answer your survey in the Default end page section:
- Zoho Survey's Thank You page: Send respondents to Zoho Survey's default Thank You page.
- Show summary of responses: Send your respondents to the Reports page, where they can see all the responses in a report format.
- Custom message: Show respondents a customized message instead of the usual Thank You page. Type the message in the text box that appears. You can also insert a variable to
the survey close message. Check Add a comment if you want to add a comment box. Redirect to a new page: Send respondents to a different page after they submit their responses. Type in the URL of the page in the space provided. You can also add parameters to the redirect URL and mention parameters in the survey response. Click Add Parameter in the Dynamic Parameters section. Enter the parameter name. Set the parameter value. Click + to add more parameters. Click x to delete a parameter. Click Save Settings.
The Generate HTML section is where you can set restrictions and generate HTML code for your survey that can be embedded elsewhere. Custom variables and merge tags within the HTML code can be used to identify the respondents. You can also see a preview of the in-mail survey you just created.
How do I set restrictions for my survey?
- Collect IP address: Enable or disable recording the IP address of the respondents in the reports.
- Prevent multiple responses:
- One response per email: Generate a unique ID for each respondent.
- Parameter name: Type the parameter name to be used.
- Click Save.
How do I generate an embed setup?
- Select the service in the Service list that you want to generate the HTML for.
- Edit the fields in the Include your customer data section to add additional custom variables or merge tags.
- Click the edit icon
to edit how the variable would be labeled in your survey reports.
- Click the edit icon
Click + Merge Tags to add a merge tag. Click + to add more merge tags. Click x to delete merge tags you have added. Click Generate HTML. You can copy the generated code and paste it into your email templates. Click <-- Back to go back to the previous page.