The advanced options allow you to reach out to respondents in a smarter way.
Invite colleagues to review your survey before you publish. Review makes collaborative survey creation easy.
- Under Advanced Options, Click Invite Reviewer
- Add email addresses of reviewers
- Set a deadline for response
- Click send invite.
How review works
Review is a collaboration feature wherein the reviewer can communicate with you by posting comments. These comments can be viewed and replied to by all the reviewers you invite and yourself. As an example, please see image
- Indicates number of comments
- The comment from a reviewer is shown
- Type a reply or message in the box
- Click Post message
Collaboration happens in real time where reviewers comments can be seen and replied to for all questions on your survey.
- You can invite any domain user to review your survey.
Before you hit publish, invite collaborators to provide feedback on the survey.
The shared user along with the author (you) have access to the survey and analytics when you share the survey.
To add a collaborator to your survey:
- Click on Advanced options in the survey editor and select 'Share survey'.
- Enter the e mail ids of the collaborators whom you wish to review your survey.
- A shared user (Survey co-owner) has complete access to edit the survey and view reports
- The shared surveys are available in the 'Shared to me' folder on the survey home page.
- Sharing surveys is possible only for users with Zoho accounts.
The 'Transfer Surveys' feature lets you send a 'Copy' of your survey or 'Move' your survey and reports to another account or portal.
1. You can find the 'Transfer Survey' option under the 'Advanced Options' menu.
2. Here you can find the various options relating to 'Transfer Survey'. You can choose to transfer your survey to another account or another portal.
Note that when you transfer a survey to another account a transfer request will be sent to the account. The transfer will be made only if the request is accepted.
3. There are two types of transfer available:
- Copy - A copy of the original survey will be made and sent to the concerned account or portal. The reports will not be transferred and the copy will not be published (despite the publish status of the original survey).
- Move - The original survey and its reports will be sent to the account or portal. A copy will not be retained. If the survey was published before the transfer, it will remain published with the same publish link.
A Custom Variable stores and passes on additional information to the survey without the need of a response.
It helps you reduce the clutter of including known variables (Email id in this case) in the survey, thus making tracking and reporting easy.
How it works:
A Custom variable has 3 attributes that lets you add the known variable to the survey.
- Variable Name - Name of the Custom variable
- Variable Label - Description about it
- Variable Type - Type of the variable.
Mention these attributes in the survey editor, define the variable in the web link and distribute the survey.
Consider a Customer support rating survey, if you wish to collect in-depth information about the respondents. A Custom Variable can be added by the following steps:
- Click on Custom Variable in the Advanced options of the survey editor page.
- Define the variable name, label and type in the pop up and save the entry.
- Publish the survey and in the web link, defining email ID as the variable . For example: Include this web link https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/EyDr1Efirstname.lastname@example.org in the email to the respondent or forward this survey link to respondents via email campaigns (Zoho Campaigns and Mail Chimp).
- View the list of respondents along with the URL parameter that you have defined in reports section of your survey.
- The Custom variable( i.e., email, gender, name) that has to be appended in the URL must be added after the question mark symbol '?' as in point 3.
- Any number of custom variables can be added to the URL by differentiating the variables by '&' symbol. For ex: https://Surveylink?var1=[value]&var2=[value2]&var3=[value3].
- While distributing the survey with any campaign tool, the custom variable can be defined as merge tags corresponding to the campaign tool. For ex: https://surveylink?var=$[merge-tag]. To know more about adding merge tags to your URL, please refer to this help document.
- Choose other variable types like Number, Email id, Text and Choice (for instance: Facebook, Twitter,.) from the drop down menu and add actionable data to your reports.
- This feature permits any custom variable name; but there are a few that we already use in our system. The ones we already utilize and restrict are:
Email trigger allows you to send automatic email notifications to the survey author or to respondents on survey completion and/or whenever a specific condition has been met.
It eliminates the need to check the respondents' analytics every time.
Setting up an Email Trigger:
Watch the video below to learn how to set up an Email trigger for your survey.
Follow these steps to set up an E mail trigger.
- Click Advanced options --> Email Trigger.
- Enter email id of the respondent manually or insert variables from the survey question in the 'To' field.
- Select a variable from the drop down based on what you wish to add to the subject line. For example: from the drop down, select the variable 'Name' and type out the subject line.
- You can add a condition to your trigger for a particular question.
- Enter the custom message for your email trigger.
- Click 'Save trigger'.
Inserting a variable into the e mail trigger is possible only if the 'Piping' feature is available in your current pricing plan.
Now, all your surveys need to be created once and translated in different languages. The auto-translation is completed by the Google Translate web service. The languages in which the survey has been translated will be displayed on your published survey and participants can select the language of their choice.
For languages in which the script is written in right to left (for example in Arabic), the survey automaically updates itself to present to it as such. You will never have to use half-measures to receive responses from your audience.
Steps to add translations are detailed below:
- Click on Advanced options
- Click Translate
- Select a language and click the Translate button
- The survey is translated and you can edit the translated text.
- To view the original text in English click on View Original
- To clear the translation and add your own text click Clear
- To save the changes click save
You can translate your survey to any number of languages provided.
- To preview your survey in the translated languages click on the Preview button and select the language to view your survey.
- To remove a language, click the x icon against the language.
This option allows you to print your entire survey in any or all of the languages that the survey is translated in. Surveys can be distributed by hand for responses to be collected offline.
- Select Advanced options
- Move the cursor to Print Survey
- Select a language from the drop down
- Print Survey
Surveys can be exported to PDF in a single click. You can now have a copy of your survey even when you do not have access to the internet.
- Select Advanced Options
- Move the cursor to Export as PDF
- Select a language from the drop down
- Save your survey in PDF format
You can now tag your surveys and make searching and filtering them much easier. To start off, you need to add the tag. Simply go to the 'Tags' option under the 'Advanced Options' and Add your tags in.
Once the tags are added, you can activate or de-activate them by simply clicking on the tick mark next to them. Tags once added can be accessed on any survey you create across the Portal.