Time based Actions are similar to Workflows in Zoho Support. Both define the rules and actions that modify the properties of a request besides notifying users and creating tasks. However Time bases Actions are triggered on a specified time after the rule is executed. You can create maximum 3 time based actions (1 task, 1 alert & 1 assignment value) and associate to a rule.
Here are some common uses for Time based Actions:
- Notify a support rep when a request assigned stays unresolved for x number of hours
- Notify the queue manager when a new request remains unassigned for x number of hours
- Notify a support rep assigned with a request after x number of hours when the request has been responded by the requester
- Notify and assign a re-opened request after x number of hours from receiving
- Notify the queue manager when a request is re-assigned by the support rep
- Notify the queue manager, the hours taken to respond by the support rep since request assignment
There are two options to associate alerts, tasks, and field updates.
- Create alerts, tasks, and field updates and associate to the rule
- Select existing alerts, tasks, and field updates to associate to the rule
Creating Time Based Action
To add a time based action rule, follow the steps given below:
- Click Setup > Automation > Supervise.
- In the Supervise page, click on New Rule.
- Under Basic Information section, enter a Name and Description for the time based action.
- Under Criteria section, specify a Criteria to execute this time based action.You can specify multiple criteria.
- Under Actions section, specify the actions to be performed when the rule is executed.
- Existing as well as new alerts, tasks or fields can be associated to a time based workflow rules.
Time Based Conditions
Zoho Support provides the following time based conditions to supervise your recent tickets.
- Hours since Status Updated
- Hours since Closed
- Hours since Re-opened
- Hours since Assigned
- Hours since First Assiged
- Hours since User Responded
- Hours since Support Rep Responded
- Hours since Due Date
- Hours to Due Date
- Hours since Modified
- Hours since Created
The above mentioned time based conditions along with the operators and values can be used while creating a time based rule in Zoho Support.
Time Based Alerts
Time based alerts are automated, predefined e-mail notifications that are sent out when certain conditions are met. These conditions are specified while creating a time based rule.
To add an alert while creating a time based rule, follow the steps given below:
- In the Actions section, click next to Send Alerts.
- Enter a Name for the alert.
- Select an existing e-mail template to associate with the alert.
- Select whom you should send this e-mail alert to.
- Select additional people you want to notify about this alert from the following:
- Record Owner: Owner of the record
- Record Creator: Person who created the record
- Notify Contact: Contact who sent the request
- Additional Recipients: Add additional people you might want to send a notification to. Enter their e-mail IDs in the field provided separated by a comma.
A time based e-mail alert is now created. This can also be associated with an existing or a new time based rule.
Time Based Task Assignment
Time based task assignment allows you to assign tasks to users automatically when certain conditions are met.These conditions are specified while creating a time based rule.
To add a task, follow the steps given below:
- In the Actions section, click next to assign tasks.
- Enter a Subject relevant to the task.
- Enter the Status of the task.
- Set the Priority for the task.
- Assign the task to a support representative & select whether to notify the assignee about it.
- Select if you want to assign the request owner as the task owner.
- Specify a due date for the completion of the task.
- Enter a description about the task.
- Click Save.
A time based task assignemnetis now created. This can also be associated with an existing or a new time based rule.
Time Based Value Assignment
Update/modify ticket properties with pre-defined values. Add an assignment value to a time based rule, to auto update fields in the Requests module. During the execution of the time based rule, the selected fields will be updated with new values.
To create a new assignment values, follow the steps given below:
- In the Actions section, click next to update field.
- Provide a name for the assignment value.
- Enter a description for the assignment value.
- Select a field and the corresponding value for auto update.
- Click Save.
This assignment value ensures that chosen fields are updated when the time based rule it is associated with is executed.