If the customer has sent more than one e-mail for an issue with different details in each mail, then you can merge these tickets into one. This makes it easy to assign and work on a single ticket. Also, it is possible to combine tickets from different contacts. To merge two or more tickets, do the following:
- Click Tickets Module. Select the tickets you want to merge from the Tickets Home Page.
- Click Merge link that appears on top of all tickets.
- The first created ticket in the selected list is set as Master Record by default. However, you can change the ticket that you want to set as master record.
Please note that the ticket merged to the master record is deleted and this action cannot be reverted back.
- The same fields with different values in the tickets are highlighted. Select the value which you want to retain in master record.
- Click Merge.The tickets are merged into a single ticket.
- Maximum of three tickets can be merged at a time.
- The first created case in the selected list is set as the Master Record by default.
- The values selected from the other records are merged with the Master Record.
- All related records including Attachments, Tasks and Products are associated with the newly merged record.