Automate your helpdesk in a click using Macros in Zoho Support. Macros, unlike regular workflows can be applied to a request manually. They can be used to define rules and actions that automatically modify a request besides notifying users and creating tasks.
There are two options to associate alerts, tasks, and field updates.
- Create alerts, tasks, and field updates and associate to the rule
- Select existing alerts, tasks, and field updates to associate to the rule
Creating a Macro
To add a Macros rule, follow the steps given below:
- Click Setup > Automate > Macros.
- In the Macros page, click on New Macro.
- Under Actions section, specify the actions to be performed when the Macro is executed.
- Click Save
- Existing as well as new alerts, tasks or fields can be associated to a time based workflow rules.
Alerts are automated, predefined e-mail notifications that are sent out on applying a Macro.
To add an alert in a Macro, follow the steps given below:
- In the Actions section, click next to Send Alerts.
- Enter a Name for the alert.
- Select an existing e-mail template to associate with the alert.
- Select whom you should send this e-mail alert to.
- Select additional people you want to notify about this alert from the following:
- Record Owner: Owner of the record
- Record Creator: Person who created the record
- Notify Contact: Contact who sent the request
- Additional Recipients: Add additional people you might want to send a notification to. Enter their e-mail IDs in the field provided separated by a comma.
A new e-mail alert is now created. This alert can also be associated with an existing or a new Macro.
You can automatically assign a task to an agent by applying a Macro to a request.
To add a new task, follow the steps given below:
- In the Actions section, click next to assign tasks.
- Enter a Subject relevant to the task.
- Enter the Status of the task.
- Set the Priority for the task.
- Assign the task to a support representative & select whether to notify the assignee about it.
- Select if you want to assign the request owner as the task owner.
- Specify a due date for the completion of the task.
- Enter a description about the task.
- Click Save.
The new task would be assigned to the specified agent when the associated Macro is applied to a request. This task can also be associated with an existing or a new Macro.
Updating Request Properties
You can update/modify request properties using Macros. Add a workflow assignment value to a Macro, to auto update fields in the Requests module. On applying a Macro, the selected fields will be updated with new values.
To create a new assignment value, follow the steps given below:
- In the Actions section, click next to update field.
- Provide a name for the assignment value.
- Enter a description for the assignment value.
- Select a field and the corresponding value for auto update.
- Click Save.
This assignment value ensures that chosen fields are updated when the Macro it is associated with is executed.
Applying Macros to Requests
Macros once created can be manually applied by support reps to a request. To apply a macro to a ticket follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open a request you want to apply a macro to.
- Click Macro from the action bar at the top.
- Select a macro from your list of macros displayed in the drop-down.
The actions defined in the macro will be applied to the request. For example, a request property may be updated besides sending an e-mail alert to the user.