Zoho Bug Tracker integration allows you to submit tickets as bug from within Zoho Support. If you use both Zoho Support & Zoho Bug Tracker for your business, you can quickly add bugs and track their status to closure.
- Subscribe to Enterpise edition in Zoho Support.
- Subscribe to Enterprise edition of Zoho Bug Tracker, either as an Add-on under Zoho Projects or as a stand alone product.
- Activate the Zoho Bug Tracker Add-on under Setup in Zoho Support.
Before you get started with the setup, you need to get the administrator’s e-mail address and the related ZSC key from your Zoho Projects account. The ZSC key is used to communicate between Zoho Support and Zoho Projects. You can access the same by following the steps mentioned below.
- Log in into your Zoho Projects account.
- Go to Setting >> Company Profile
- Click Zoho Service Communication (ZSC) Key from the right pane.
- Note down the e-mail address and the associated ZSC Key which needs to be provided in Zoho Support for setting up the integration.
You can also click on "Regenerate Key" to get a new ZSC Key to be provided in Zoho Support though it's not recommended.
Setup Zoho Bug Tracker Integration in Zoho Support
After getting the ZSC Key from Zoho Projects, you need to configure the same under settings in Zoho Support.
To configure the Bug Tracker Integration, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Log in into Zoho Support.
- Click Setup >> Others >> Integrations >> Zoho Bug Tracker Integration
Kindly ensure that your Bug Tracker portal is under Enterprise edition before you proceed.
- In the Zoho Bug Tracker Integration page, provide the Bug Tracker Administrator’s e-mail address and the related ZSC Key
- Under Bug Tracker to Zoho Support mapping setting, select a bug tracker portal from the drop down.
- All the projects under the chosen portal would be listed besides your departments in Zoho Support.
- Map a department in Zoho Support to a related project in Zoho Bug Tracker to route the bugs to.
- Kindly note that you cannot associate a department to more than one project.
- Click Save to complete your mapping.
Filing a Bug in Zoho Support
On completing your setup, you can file a bug for a ticket to be routed to the related project in Zoho Bug Tracker. To file a bug for a ticket, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Click on a request to open in detail view
- Click File a Bug option displayed on the right hand corner.
- In the following File a Bug page, you can find the Bug Tracker project pre-selected to file a bug in. You can change the Bug Tracker project by selecting from the drop down.
- The Request’s subject and content are carried forward as ‘Bug Title’ and ‘Description’.
- Click Save. The request would create a bug in the related project in Zoho Bug Tracker.
Tracking the Status of a Bug in Zoho Support
Once you have submitted a bug to Zoho Projects, you can track the status of it in real time by staying within Zoho Support. To track the working status of a bug, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open a request for which you have submitted a bug in Zoho Projects.
- You can find the Bug Information details on the right panel below the request properties.
- The bug details are displayed with the Bug Id as in Zoho Projects, followed by the subject of the bug.
- You can also view the status of the bug besides its owner if assigned to. Otherwise the bug would show as “Unassigned”.
Opening & Closing a Bug in Zoho Support
You can quickly open or close a bug filed from Zoho Support. To close a bug,
- Open a request for which a bug has been submitted previously.
- Go to Bug Information section on the right hand panel.
- Click Close to close the bug in the related project in Zoho Projects.
Similarly, click Re-Open to open a bug which was closed previously.
Sharing Comments between Zoho Support & Zoho Bug Tracker
Integration is incomplete without collaboration. So we provide you with real time sync for comments between requests in Zoho Support and its related bug in Zoho Bug Tracker. You can comment about a bug in the comments box which would then be displayed under the comments tab in a request.
Editing Bug Tracker Portal & Project Mapping
You can always edit the Bug Tracker portal or the mapping of the projects with departments in Zoho Support. To re-configure, follow the steps mentioned below:
- In Zoho Support, Go to Setup >> Others >> Integrations >> Zoho Bug Tracker Integration
- To change the Bug Tracker portal, click Change Portal. In the Bug Tracker portal authentication window, provide the e-mail and the ZSC key of the appropriate portal and click Save.
- Similarly to edit department mapping with portals, click Change Mapping. You can pick the projects and map them with the related department from the drop down. After you complete your mapping click Save.