ACH Payments are a type of electronic payment that facilitates direct debit transactions between bank accounts.
Enabling and using ACH Payments in Zoho Subscriptions is a simple 3 step process.
- Step 1: Choosing the payment gateway
- Step 2: Choosing right customer
- Step 3: Initiating ACH payments
- Step 4: Other actions
Step 1: Choosing the payment gateway
Zoho Subscriptions accepts ACH Payments with our integrations with Authorize.Net and Forte payment gateways. Which payment gateway is right for you?
Authorize.Net for ACH payments
Particulars to be met:-
- You must be a US merchant selling to US customers.
- You must have configured Authorize.Net account for your organization in Zoho Subscriptions.
- You must have eCheck account approved by Authorize.Net.
Learn how to integrate Authorize.Net with Zoho Subscriptions, here.
Learn more about eCheck, here.
Forte for ACH payments
Particulars to be met:-
- You must either be a US merchant selling to US customers or a Canadian merchant selling to Canadian Customers.
- You must have configured Forte account for your organization in Zoho Subscriptions.
- You must have Automated Clearing House account approved by Forte.
Learn how to integrate Forte with Zoho Subscriptions, here.
Learn more about Automated Clearing House account in Forte, here.
Step 2: Choosing right customers
The payment initiated via ACH payments may not be successful once it has been initiated.
This is because, a payment can be initiated irrespective of whether there are sufficient funds in the customer’s bank account. And also, the result of the transaction is known only after 5 days and may end up failing. Hence, it is advised to enable ACH payments only for customers that you trust.
You can enable an ACH payment for a customer by enabling the checkbox Allow this customer to pay via his/her bank account while creating/editing a customer.
To have a detailed knowledge on this, have a glimpse at our blog.
Step 3: Initiating ACH payments
There are two ways to initiate an ACH payment. You can allow the customer to feed his/her bank account details manually, click here.
Or, you can enable ACH payments for a customer on their behalf. If you happen to have the customer’s bank account details already, click here.
ACH payments initiated by customer:
Once a customer decides to pay via ACH payments, they can manually update their card with the following bank account details through the Payment Information link sent by you.
- Account number
- Account type
- Routing number
You can send the Payment Information link by selecting More > Request Payment Method in the customer screen. Zoho Subscriptions will email your customer, the link to enter their account information, and a statement saying that they formally agree to let you debit their account.
However, from your end, you have to enable the checkbox Allow this customer to pay via his/her bank account while editing or creating a customer. By default, ACH payments are disabled for every customer.
ACH payments initiated by merchant:
You can also enable ACH Payments for a customer from your side upon their request. To get started, you’d have to obtain their bank account details such as account Number, routing number and account type.
Once received, follow the steps below to enable ACH payments for a customer on their behalf.
- Navigate to Customers tab and create a new subscription for the customer to whom it has to be created.
- On clicking Continue, you’ll be taken to Subscription Preview page.
- Here, you’ll be asked be asked to choose between Credit Card Details/Bank Account Details. Click on Bank Account Details.
- Enter the customer’s bank account details and click on Proceed.
Note: Make sure to select the checkbox against “Customer Name” authorizes the “Organization Name” to charge his / her savings account for making payment.
Step 4: Other actions
Viewing all the initiated ACH payments
To view all the ACH payments in progress,
- Navigate to Invoices module.
- Click on the drop down icon next to All Invoices below the search.
- From the drop down list, select the ACH Payment Initiated.
Configuring number of retries and intervals
Zoho Subscriptions allows you to configure the number of retries necessary in case of a transaction failure under Gear icon > Retry Settings. The various configurations available are shown below.