Publishing and Scheduling Tips
To publish or schedule posts on Facebook only, click the other social networks to deselect them.
Some pointers for Facebook posts:
- Facebook posts have a character limit of 63,206 characters.
- GIFs cannot yet be posted with animation on Facebook through Zoho Social. However, you can select a GIF that you'd like to post and it will post as a still image.
- You can target your post to people in a particular country or who speak a particular language. Click the Set targeting icon at the bottom left of the pop-up window. Enter the countries or languages you'd like to target your post to, and then click Done.
- Use TimeWarp to publish content at the recipient's local time. You don't have to manually calculate the time zone difference.
- To publish or schedule posts on Twitter only, click the other social networks to deselect them.
- Some pointers for Twitter posts:
- The character limit for Twitter is 280. You'll see the character count in the bubble on the Twitter icon.
- The image size limit for Twitter is 3MB.
- You can @mention users in your post.
- You can add the DM link to your Tweets by clicking the Add DM link icon in the bottom left. This option appears when Twitter is the only network selected. Let's say Zylker Travels is giving out gift vouchers to users who book their next holiday with them. They create a post saying "Hey! We're rolling out an early bird offer of 1D/1N free stay if you book your next holiday with us. DM us to take advantage of this offer!"
To publish or schedule posts on LinkedIn only, click the other social networks to deselect them.
Some pointers for LinkedIn posts:
- The character limit for LinkedIn is 700.
- You can customize the location you want to publish your post in, as long as you have at least 300 followers in that area. For example, if your LinkedIn company page has at least 300 followers in the United States but fewer in India, you can't customize the location to India. You can also select the job function you want to target your post for. Click the Set targeting icon at the bottom left of the pop-up window, and then select the specific countries and job functions you want to target your posts for.
To publish or schedule posts on Google+ only, click the other social networks to deselect them.
Some pointers for Google+ posts:
- The character limit is 65,000.
- GIFs cannot yet be posted with animation on Google+ through Zoho Social. However, you can select a GIF that you'd like to post, and it will post as a still image.
To publish or schedule posts to Instagram only, click the other social networks to deselect them. You'll need the Zoho Social mobile app to publish posts on Instagram.
If you haven't installed the mobile app, you'll see the pop-up below when you click the Instagram bubble:
If you've already installed the app, Instagram will be enabled in the New Post window.
Some pointers for Instagram posts:
1. Confirm that notifications from Zoho Social are turned on for your phone.
2. Schedule a post on Zoho Social from New Post on the mobile or web app. You can publish, schedule, or use options like SmartQ and Bulk Scheduler in the web app. In the mobile app, you can use basic scheduling, publishing, or the SmartQ feature.
3. When the post is supposed to go live, you'll receive a notification on your mobile to publish it via Instagram. This notification includes the image and text of the post.
4. Click the notification to be redirected to Zoho Social's mobile app.
5. Click Open in Instagram to review the text and image.
- The image will be preloaded in your Instagram app. The text will be in your mobile device's clipboard. Click Paste to paste it into the post.
- Additionally, you can tag people, add location information to the post, and edit your image.
6. Click Share to publish your post.
You can use up to 30 hashtags in your posts.