Zoho CRM integration with Zoho Sign
Zoho Sign provides the option to integrate with Zoho CRM, our company's flagship customer relationship management software. Zoho CRM helps thousands of small and medium-sized enterprises across the globe to streamline their sales processes. With the Zoho Sign extension for Zoho CRM, you can now send documents required for signing to any contact stored in your CRM directly from the application. The integration also extends to Zoho CRM's mail merge and inventory templates, where you can use the CRM data to send out customized documents out for signing without having an ugly fixed-length placeholders.
For example: When sales representatives in your company would like to send the same agreement to different vendors for signing but, with different name, address, attachment, and amount, they will be able to use mail-merge and inventory template integrations.
This section is divided into five parts:
- Installing the Zoho Sign extension
- Get documents signed using Zoho Sign
- Uninstall Zoho Sign
- Learn more
- A valid Zoho Sign account and subscription.
You can install Zoho Sign in two ways. Visit the Zoho Marketplace or log in to your Zoho CRM account to install it.
To install Zoho Sign from Zoho Marketplace:
Click the Install button.
If you're already logged in to any Zoho service, your details will be auto-fetched. You can edit your details as per your requirements.
Select the tick box if you wish to be contacted regarding products offers and promotions.
Confirm the installation details, accept the terms and conditions, and click the Submit button.
Click Continue to Install.
Choose one of the following options: Install for admin only, Install for all users, Choose profiles.
- Click Confirm.
To install Zoho Sign from your CRM account:
- Click on the settings icon on the header pane and select Setup.
- Click on marketplace under extensions and API's.
- Go to the all extensions tab and search for Zoho Sign
- Click on install now and then continue to install. Once you select an option, there is no way to revert the changes until the next release of Zoho Sign Extension for Zoho CRM.
Install for admin only - The extension will be installed in CRM exclusively for the users with the administrator access.
Install for all users - The extension will be installed in CRM for all users.
Choose profiles - The extension will be installed in CRM for manually chosen users.
- If you choose this option, click continue, then select the desired profiles. The extension will be installed automatically for the specified users.
- If you click skip this step, you can later choose to authorize from Settings > Setup > Extensions & APIs > Marketplace. In the Zoho Sign extension details page, click Authorize.
Upon installation, the details page for leads, contacts, accounts, and deals will have a button named Send for Zoho Sign. This button can be used to send documents that need to be signed by contacts. You can send documents out for signatures from any module in your CRM application.
To send documents out for signatures:
- Go to the leads/accounts/contacts/deals/quotes/purchase order/sales orders/invoices module.
- Click on a record that you wish to send the document to.
- In the record details page, click Send for Zoho Sign.
- Click Finished.
Note: If a new tab doesn't open, check if pop-ups are blocked and click the Always allow pop-ups from https://crm.zoho.com button.
On the pop-out window:
On the pop-out window:
- Click Add Document to upload the document for signing. You can choose one of the provided options: From Desktop, From CRM Documents, orCRM Attachments. (or)
Click Add Template to use Zoho Sign's Template or Mail Merge Template. For example: If you want to generate a contract from a document template by merging data from a Deal and send them for signatures using Zoho Sign, you will find this option beneficial.
Under Recipients, select the recipient category (contact/lead/email) from the drop-down and click the search option to choose the recipient.
You can add multiple recipients by clicking Add Recipients.
If your document needs to be signed by multiple recipients, you can specify the order in which the recipients receive and sign the document by enabling the set signing order option. There's also an option to specify the signer's role.
In the recipient fields, you can set the routing order by assigning a number to each recipient. Note that each recipient receives the email notification only when the previous recipient has completed signing the document.
- Leave a note to the recipients or add a description of the document.
Under more settings, you can set:
The time to complete document signing. When this time expires, the document becomes invalid and it can no longer be viewed or signed by recipients.
The validity period of the signed documents.
Automatic reminders to nudge the signers to take action on the document.
On clicking Next, you will be redirected to the Send for signatures page in the Zoho Sign application.
Once you make the necessary changes, click Continue.
Drag-and-drop the necessary fields into the document and click Send in the top-right corner.
Once you install the Zoho Sign extension, three new modules will be created within the CRM application. You can access these modules from the header pane of your CRM application by clicking on the more icon.
Zoho Sign Documents: Contains the list of documents that have been sent.
Zoho Sign Recipients: Shows the list of recipients to whom documents have been sent.
Zoho Sign Document Events: Displays a list of documents and their current status. Each record will also have a related list where the agreement details will be listed.
If you wish to uninstall Zoho Sign extension, please note that all related data will be deleted upon uninstalling and cannot be recovered.
To uninstall Zoho Sign:
- On the header pane of your CRM application, navigate to Settings > Setup > Extensions & APIs > Marketplace.
- The installed extensions will be listed. Under all extensions, you can view all the extensions supported in CRM.
- Browse for Zoho Sign and click the corresponding Uninstall link.
- Click Ok.