Trusted by over 465,000 businesses globally
How is Zoho SalesIQ the best lead scoring software for your business?
Get a real-time view of website visitors
Get clarity on how visitors interact with your website in real time using our built-in visitor tracking tool. Sort them based on your criteria for hot leads with our lead scoring tool and route priority leads to your sales team.
Set up a custom lead scoring system
Customize SalesIQ's lead scoring tool to zoom in on the best opportunities for your business. Create lead scoring rules based on visitor information and behavioral data, such as number of visits, landing page URL, time spent on the site or a particular page, campaign source, region, and more to determine your visitors' sales readiness.
Examine your visitors' interaction with your site
See what your visitors' complete interaction history with your website—the pages they visited, how long they were on that page, and even the timeline of all their visits—in compliance with privacy rules and regulations to understand the visitor's intent and engage them better.
Optimize your lead outreach strategy
Use lead scores and other insights from SalesIQ's lead scoring platform for follow-up steps to grow your company's sales.
Set up proactive chat triggers based on lead scores to engage with warm leads or even automate the first level of lead nurturing with AI chatbots. You can also set up customized push alerts for your most valuable leads on your business's mobile app with SalesIQ's Mobile SDK—Mobilisten.
What our customers say
Real-time lead scoring to determine hit prospects.
Get answers to all your questions about real-time lead scoring and lead scoring software.
What is lead scoring?
Lead scoring is the process of adding points/scores to leads based on their demographics and behavior on your site to rank them based on their likelihood of buying your products/services.
What is the purpose and importance of lead scoring?
Lead scoring improves the efficiency of your sales and marketing teams by helping them concentrate on leads that have the highest potential to become customers. This in turn helps your business save time and resources, increase productivity, and guarantee ROI.
What are the types of lead scoring?
In general, there are two types of lead scoring—implicit lead scoring and explicit lead scoring.
Implicit lead scoring focuses on the website visitor's behavior. This depends on the actions they take on the website–downloading a brochure, adding an item to a cart, registering for a demo, etc.
In comparison, explicit scoring assigns points to a lead based on specific metrics, such as demographic details, company size, region, etc.
What is the difference between lead scoring and contact scoring?
In simple terms, lead scoring pertains to unknown leads visiting your website. If the same lead has provided details such as name, email address/ID, or company, these leads are known as contacts.
Contact scoring helps identify the most engaged contacts to take a targeted approach for your follow-up and nurturing strategy.
Why use negative scoring?
We must rely on more than positive lead scoring since focusing only on positive lead scoring might result in score inflation and add irrelevant website visitors to your hot/warm leads segment, who may otherwise mimic warm lead behavior like job aspirants or competitors looking for information on your site. To counteract score inflation and filter out these irrelevant visitors, lead scoring tools use negative scoring to decrease points based on inactivity or lack of fit.
What types of businesses use lead scoring?
Though lead scoring is helpful for companies of all types and sizes, it's critical for businesses that have limited financial and human resources. Startups and SMBs especially need to first identify the most promising leads and focus efforts on them rather than just spreading their net wide.
Both B2B or B2C businesses need lead scoring to determine which leads to focus on to achieve the highest ROI on their sales and marketing efforts.
What is lead scoring software?
Lead scoring software is a tool that rates leads based on key attributes of your choice like visit source, location, number of pages accessed, number of visits, time spent on your website or a particular page, number of interactions they've had with your business, and more. Companies can develop thresholds and standards to rank prospects using lead scoring software.
What is the difference between lead scoring software and lead management software?
Lead scoring software and lead management software are both tools used in the process of managing and prioritizing leads, but they serve different purposes.
Lead scoring software grades your leads based on lead information and their behavior with your website and interaction with your business. It helps in determining the level of interest and the potential value of a lead so you can filter and work with the ones that are most likely to give you a sale.
Lead management software, on the other hand, is a broader automation tool that streamlines all aspects of the sales cycle like lead capture, data collection, tracking and organizing leads, and facilitating communication between sales and marketing, and helps businesses manage their sales workflows. The primary goal of lead management software is to ensure that leads are efficiently managed from the moment they're generated until they become customers or move further in the sales pipeline.
In summary, lead scoring software focuses specifically on evaluating lead quality, while lead management software encompasses a broader set of tools and functionalities to manage leads comprehensively throughout their lifecycle.
Why do marketers need lead scoring CRM software?
Lead scoring takes the guesswork out of marketing. With an efficient lead scoring system, marketers can identify MQLs and allocate resources accordingly for nurturing them.
Lead scoring tools also help marketers optimize the marketing database and plan and run targeted, personalized campaigns based on lead scores and engagement levels.
Efficient lead scoring also helps identify and cut the marketing efforts that drove low-quality leads, leaving more resources and time for the right marketing campaigns.
Can lead scores be added to CRM?
Yes. Generally, lead scores acquired by each visitor can be pushed from your lead scoring tool to your CRM. Sales and marketing teams can take meaningful actions based on lead scores to nurture leads in the next stage of the business process.
What are the different types of lead scoring platforms?
There are different kinds of lead scoring tools available on the market today, each with their own pros and cons. Here are the most common ones:
- Rule-based lead scoring software: This type of lead scoring platform scores leads based on a set of predefined rules that you set, based on lead information, lead source, behavior, and level of engagement. It's ideal for businesses looking for a simple and straightforward, yet effective, option among available lead scoring solutions.
- Predictive lead scoring software: A predictive lead scoring tool uses machine learning algorithms and predictive analytics to analyze historical data and identify patterns that correlate with lead conversion. The software then assigns scores to new leads based on the likelihood of conversion. It's suited for businesses that have been generating a large volume of leads, have sufficient historical data, and are looking for a more sophisticated lead scoring system.
- Fit-based lead scoring software: Fit-based lead scoring software evaluates the fit or alignment of a lead with your ideal customer profile (ICP). It assigns scores based on factors such as company size, industry, job title, geographic location, and other firmographic and demographic data and is B2B lead scoring software.
- Composite lead scoring software: Composite lead scoring software combines different scoring models or algorithms to generate a composite score.
- Account-based lead scoring software: This type of lead scoring platform enables organizations to prioritize and score leads based on their potential value within specific target accounts. Unlike traditional lead scoring solutions, which assess individual leads, an account-based lead scoring system takes into account the characteristics and behavior of the entire company or account. This works for organizations that deal with account-based marketing (ABM) strategies and focus their marketing and sales efforts on specific high-value accounts.
What are the key features of lead scoring tools?
- Customizable scoring rules: Lead scoring tools should allow users to create and customize scoring models based on specific criteria relevant to their business. They should also include negative scoring to remove irrelevant visitors like competitors or job aspirants, who may otherwise mimic a hot lead's behavior.
- Data integration: The software should integrate with various data sources, such as customer relationship management (CRM) systems, marketing automation platforms, website analytics tools, and other databases, to gather relevant data about leads. This ensures that the scoring is based on up-to-date and accurate information.
- Real-time scoring and monitoring: A lead scoring platform should provide real-time scoring capabilities, updating lead scores as new data becomes available or as lead behavior changes. Real-time monitoring allows sales and marketing teams to identify hot leads and take immediate action based on the most recent data.
- Lead prioritization and routing: The lead scoring software should facilitate prioritization of leads based on their scores, ensuring that sales teams focus their efforts on leads with the highest potential. It should also route leads to the right sales representatives based on predefined criteria.
- Integration with sales and marketing tools: A lead scoring tool should also integrate with other sales and marketing tools like CRM, marketing automation platforms, email marketing tools, and customer support systems to facilitate automated workflows for follow-up actions based on lead scores.
What are the benefits of lead scoring software?
Lead scoring software empowers businesses to work smarter, prioritize leads effectively, and optimize their sales and marketing efforts. Here are some of the key advantages of lead scoring tools:
- Efficient lead prioritization: Lead scoring tools help businesses prioritize and focus their resources on leads that are most likely to convert. By assigning a score to each lead based on relevant criteria, businesses can identify high-quality leads and allocate their time, resources, and effort accordingly.
- Sales and marketing alignment: Lead scoring software promotes better alignment between sales and marketing teams. It provides a common framework for evaluating leads, allowing both teams to have a shared understanding of lead quality and the criteria used for scoring. This alignment enhances collaboration and communication, leading to effective lead management and higher conversion.
- Enhanced lead nurturing: Lead scoring solutions help in delivering personalized and targeted content to leads. Businesses can use this information to create tailored nurturing campaigns, ensuring that leads receive relevant and timely information throughout their buyer's journey. This personalized approach increases engagement, builds trust, and improves the chances of converting leads into customers.
- Efficient resource allocation: Lead scoring software provides businesses with valuable data and insights into lead behavior, preferences, and engagement patterns. This helps to identify and cut the marketing efforts that generate low-quality leads and allocate more resources to the right campaigns and sales activities, ensuring a higher return on investment (ROI).
- Higher conversion rate: By accurately assessing lead quality, lead scoring software enables businesses to prioritize leads with a higher likelihood of conversion. By focusing on leads that are more likely to become customers, businesses can optimize their sales and marketing efforts, resulting in an increased conversion rate.
Why choose Zoho SalesIQ's lead scoring platform?
There are several compelling reasons to choose Zoho SalesIQ's lead scoring software for your business. Here are some key points on why it's the best lead scoring software on the market:
- Behavior tracking: SalesIQ's lead scoring software tracks and records lead behavior across multiple channels, like website visits, page navigation, time spent, and chat interactions. This provides valuable insights into lead preferences, interests, and intent. By analyzing this data, you can gain a deeper understanding of your leads and deliver personalized experiences and targeted messaging.
- Real-time lead scoring: SalesIQ's lead scoring software evaluates leads in real time, giving you up-to-date insights into their quality and potential. As leads engage with your website, the lead scoring system analyzes their behavior and updates the scores based on your predefined criteria, enabling you to take immediate action and engage with leads at the right time.
- Customizable lead scoring system: SalesIQ's lead scoring platform allows you to define and customize the criteria and rules used for scoring leads. You can set up scoring rules based on various factors such as website visits, page views, time spent on site, chat interactions, and more. This flexibility allows you to tailor the scoring criteria to match your specific business requirements and industry dynamics
- Integration with Zoho CRM: If you're already using Zoho CRM, SalesIQ's lead scoring software seamlessly integrates with it. This integration ensures smooth data flow between the two systems, allowing you to leverage the lead scoring capabilities within the context of your CRM. It eliminates data silos and provides a comprehensive view of your leads' behavior and engagement across different touchpoints.
- Workflow automation: SalesIQ's lead scoring tool enables workflow automation based on lead scores. You can automate triggers or workflows to be executed when a lead reaches a certain score threshold.
- Reporting and analytics: SalesIQ's lead scoring software provides detailed analytics and reports to help you monitor and measure the effectiveness of your marketing and sales efforts. These insights enable data-driven decision-making and continuous improvement.