Add Zoho SalesIQ to your site using Google Tag Manager at once, without editing each of your pages separately in just with few clicks.
Take a look on how to add Zoho SalesIQ tracking code using Google Tag Manager
- Login to your Google Tag manager account.
- Create a new container and name it as Sales IQ.
- Select the “Tag Type” as “Custom HTML Tag”.
- Paste the Zoho SalesIQ Code inside the Html container.
Note: Make sure you do check the "Support document.write" check box to prevent the website from not loading after SalesIQ is inserted via Google tag Manager.
- Select “+ADD” in the Triggering section.
- Add your required rule as to where you would like to trigger the tags on your pages and click on the “Save” button.
- Click “Save” to complete the tag.
- To publish it on your website make sure you create a version of the container and publish it.
Setting up Zoho SalesIQ live chat events with Google Tag manager
Once you have pasted the Zoho SalesIQ code into your website follow the below instruction to enable the integration and to push your live chat events data to your Google analytics
- Login to your Zoho SalesIQ.
- Click "Settings".
- In the Integrations tab, select "Google Tag Manager" and click "Enable Integration."
- Select the “Google Tag manager” from the list of "Active Web Embeds" section to start pushing the data into you GA account.
Using Google Tag Manager to track Zoho SalesIQ events inside Google Analytics
To track all your Zoho SalesIQ live chat events inside your Google Analytics, you need to have a couple of additional settings to Tag Manager account.
- Create a new tag and name the tag, e.g. GA
- Select “Google Analytics” then select “Universal Analytics” or "Classic Google Analytics"(Depends on the type of your GA code) for the “Tag Type”.
- Enter your “ Google Tracking ID” in “Web Property ID”.
- Select “Event” in the “Track Type” section.
- Click on the “New Variable” in the Category field and select “New macro…” from the drop-down list.
Setting up Category in Google Tag Manager to track live chat events in Google Analytics
- Select “Category” in the "Event Tracking Parameters.”
- Name the Variable with “SalesIQ” and select “Constant String” as the Variable Type.
- Enter “Value” as “Sales IQ”.
Setting up an Action in Google Tag Manager to track to live chat events in Google Analytics
- Select “Action” in the Event Tracking Parameters”.
- Create another Variable “SalesIQ Event Action” and select “Data Layer Variable” as the “Variable Type”.
- Enter “Action” in “Data Layer Variable Name”.
Setting up Label in Google Tag Manager to track the live chat events in Google Analytics
- Select “Label” in the Event Tracking Parameters”.
- Create another Variable “SalesIQ Event Label” and select “Data Layer Variable” as the “Variable Type”.
- Enter “Label” in “Data Layer Variable Name”.
Setting up a Value in Google Tag Manager to track the live chat events in Google Analytics
- Select “Value” in the Event Tracking Parameters”.
- Create another Variable “SalesIQ Event Value” and select “Data Layer Variable” as the “Variable Type”.
- Enter “Value” in “Data Layer Variable Name”.
Setting up the firing rule to track live chat events in Google Analytics
- Select “+ADD” in the Triggering section.
- Click “Create new rule”.
- Add a “Rule Name” eg: SalesIQ Events.
- In the condition section select “Event” with a criteria “Sales IQ"
- Click on the “Save” button.
What are the events tracked in Google Analytics through Google Tag Manager?
The below are the list of events tracked in your Google Analytics
|Button Clicked||Number of clicks on the Zoho SalesIQ chat button.|
|Chat Closed||Number of clicks on the Close (X) icon in the chat window.|
|Chat Minimized||Number of clicks to minimize the Zoho SalesIQ chat window.|
|Bubble Closed||Number of clicks on the Close(X) icon on the chat bubble.|
|Chat Connected||Number of chat sessions with the visitors.|
|Chat Ended||Number of chats ended by the visitors.|
|File Transferred||Number of file transfers made by the visitors.|
|Chat Printed||Number of chat transcripts printed by the visitors.|
|Chat Mail Sent||Number of chat transcripts emailed by the visitor.|
|Rating submitted||Number of ratings submitted by visitors.|
|Feedback submitted||Number of feedback messages submitted by visitors.|
|Chat Triggered||Number of auto and proactive chat initiated to the visitors.|
|Chat Initiated||Number of visitor initiated chats.|
|Offline Message Submitted||Number of offline messages submitted by the visitors.|
|Chat Missed||Number of chats missed by the SalesIQ users.|
|Chat Ended by visitor||Number of chats ended by the visitors.|