Manage your Connections
Connections are interfaces used to integrate third-party services with your Zoho Service, in this case, Zoho SalesIQ. These connections are used in an URL invocation task to access authenticated data. To establish a connection, it is necessary to provide a Connection Name and Authentication Type amongst other details.
Steps to connect Zoho SalesIQ with third-party services:
- In the Zoho SalesIQ dashboard, navigate to Settings > Zobot > Create a new bot (or) Edit an existing bot.
- Enter the bot name, description, choose a website, choose departments, and click SalesIQ Script.
- Then, select Manage Connections at the bottom left of the screen.
In the All connections page, you'll find two categories :
- Own Connection
- Shared Connection
Connections created by you will be listed under the own connection section.
Connections created by others and authenticated by you will be listed under the shared connection section.
Connections are listed under two sections
- Default - Services listed under the Pick Your Service Category are considered as Default Connections.
- Custom - If you would like to create a connection with a service that is not listed under the Pick Your Service Category, then you can create a Custom connection.
Click the Add Connection option in the top right corner of the All Connections page.
- The Pick your Service option contains the list of third-party services pre-registered with Zoho SalesIQ. These connections, when used, will have the name of Zoho DRE in the third party services.
- You can also select the Custom Service option to create a connection in case the service you are looking for is not available in the pre-registered services list.
Using a Default Connection:
- When the service you want to integrate is available in the Pick your service section, you can make use of it by just choosing the service and giving a proper connection name.
- Click Create and Connect.
Here's how a sample connection with Trello can be created. First, select 'Trello' from the list of services available under the 'Pick Your Service' category.
You'll land on the 'Create Connection' page.
Create your connection by giving a name and select the scopes.
Select 'Create and Connect' to create the connection. The connection link name will be used in the invoke URL task.
Create a Custom Connection:
In case the service you are looking for is not available in the pre-registered services list, you will have to create a custom connection. This would require you to create and configure settings in Zoho SalesIQ as well as in the third-party service.
1. To create a custom connection, click the Custom Service option and provide the following.
- Service Name - Name of the third party service you are building an integration for
- Authentication Type (Basic / OAuth1 /OAuth 2) - Select the authentication method followed by the respective service
- Param Type - Every service will have its own way of accepting the necessary parameters. Choose the parameter type from the list that follows: Query String, Form Data, Headers
- Connection Name - The name of your connection
- Scope - Define what information can be accessed by the connection and how
2. Click on Save
3. Upon successful authorization, your connection will be created and listed on the connections page.
Configure the callback URL given below in the third party service, to connect with Zoho SalesIQ.
Callback URL: https://deluge.zoho.com/delugeauth/callback
Invoke URL :
The invoke URL task is used to access the third party services from Zoho SalesIQ via Connections. To implement a connection that is created, you can use the Invoke URL deluge code that is displayed upon creating the connection. The task and its parameters are explained in the Invoke URL page.