What are the fields required in a tax invoice?
A tax invoice must contain the following fields, in Arabic:
- The invoice issue date and date of supply (if different).
- A sequential invoice number.
- The supplier’s legal name, address, and TIN.
- The customer’s legal name and address. If the customers are self-billing, the invoice must also include their TIN and the statement that suppliers and customers have agreed to self-bill for VAT.
- The quantity and type of goods, or the extent and nature of services provided.
- The total amount of revenue eligible for VAT & exemption, and the VAT rates (5% or 0%) to be used.
- The unit price, exclusive of tax. Explanation of any discounts or rebates that are not included in the unit price.
- The total tax payable in SAR.
- Explanation of any supply where a zero-rated, exemption or margin scheme is used to calculate VAT.
- The profit margin method.