Toll Free: 8008445940, 8008500478, 8008500482

Frequently Asked Questions on VAT

Last updated on 06 April, 2018

 Back to FAQ

What can I do if I’m unable to pay VAT to the authorities in due time?

If you are unable to pay in due time, you can request an extension of the due date from the GAZT in writing. When writing to request an extension, you must include:

  • The amount of tax owed.
  • The tax periods associated with the sum.
  • The reasonĀ for the failure to pay VAT by the deadline.

The GAZT will reply within 20 days either accepting or rejecting the request.

Get your business VAT ready with Zoho Books, an easy to use accounting software