I have deposited 3 checks in the bank. Two checks were payments towards invoices and one was a tax refund. My bank feeds display it as a single deposit. How do I categorize them in Zoho Books?
Multiple cash/check payments can easily be categorized as payments towards invoices, expenses etc. by matching the respective bank feeds.
- In the Banking module, select the bank in which the deposit was made.
- You will first have to record a deposit in your bank for an amount that is equal to the tax refund. Click on the Add Transaction button and select Other Deposit from the drop-down.
- Enter the amount that you have received as a tax refund and fill in the other details and click on Save.
- Clicking on the feed for the cheque deposit will display a list of possible transactions to which you can match your check payments.
- You can now select the two invoices and the deposit that you have manually added and match it with this feed.
- Once you click on the Match button, the status of the invoice will change to Paid.
Was this document helpful?
Let us know where we can improve
Thank you for your feedback!