Creating a New Project
Some businesses do projects for their clients. Zoho Books provides a unique way for handling projects. You can:
- Create a project in Zoho Books.
- Divide the project into subsequent tasks.
- Add multiple users to the project and even assign them different tasks.
- Log time for the project and charge customers accordingly.
To create projects in Zoho Books:
- Go to the Timesheet module on the left sidebar.
- Click the + New Project button in the top right corner of the page.
- Fill in the New Project page.
- Click Save.
|Project Name||Enter a unique name for your project.|
|Description||Describe your project in a few words.|
|Customer Name||Select the customer for whom you’ll be creating the project.|
|Billing Method||Select the billing cycle of the project.|
|Total Project Cost||Enter the project cost for which you will be billing your customer.|
|Users||Select a user to work on the project. You can also add an extra user by clicking Add User.|
|Tasks||Enter the tasks that need to be done in order to complete the project. You can add more tasks by clicking Add Task. Tasks can also be added later for the project.|
There are four types of Billing Methods:
- Fixed Cost of Projects
- Based on Project Hours
- Based on Task Hours
- Based on Staff Hours
Fixed Cost of Projects
If you select the Fixed Cost of Projects under the Billing Method, you can enter the different tasks.
Based on Project Hours
If you select the Based on Project Hours under the Billing Method, you can select the billable tasks.
Based on Task Hours
If you select the Based on Task Hours under the Billing Method, you can Rate Per Hour for each task.
Based on Staff Hours
If you select the Based on Staff Hours under the Billing Method, you can select Rate Per Hour for different users wiorking on the project.
Reports for Timesheets
To view the reports for timesheets created in Zoho Books:
- Go to the Reports section on the left sidebar.
- Scroll down to the Projects and Timesheet section.