Create & Send Purchase Orders
- Status of a Purchase Orders
- Enabling Purchase Orders
- Creating a Purchase Order
- Creating Purchase Order from Contacts
Status of a Purchase Order
|Draft||Purchase orders when created will be in the Draft status.|
|Open||Purchase orders once sent to the vendor will be in the Open status.|
|Closed||Purchase order once accepted by a vendor can be converted to a bill and the status will be Closed.|
|Cancelled||If the vendor rejects your purchase order, the order can be cancelled and the status will be Cancelled.|
The bills created for the respective purchase orders will have any of the following statuses:
|Partially Billed||When the purchase order is billed only for some items, then the status will be Partially Billed.|
|Billed||Once the purchase order is converted to a bill, the status will be Billed.|
Enabling Purchase Orders
To enable purchase orders:
- Click the Gear icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Select Preferences.
- Check the box Purchase Orders under Select the modules you would like to enable.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Creating a New Purchase Order
To create a new purchase order:
- Go to the Purchases module on the left sidebar.
- Select Purchase Orders.
- Click the + New button in the top right corner of the page.
- Fill in the New Purchase Order page.
- Click Save as Draft or Save and Send.
|Vendor Name||The vendor for whom you are raising the purchase order.|
|Purchase Order#||You can either auto-generate a number or manually enter it by clicking the Gear icon.|
|Reference#||Enter a reference number for your reference.|
|Date||The date on which you raise the purchase order.|
|Delivery Date||The date on which the shipment is to be delivered.|
|Shipment Preference||The transportation mode of the shipment.|
|Item Details||Select the items in the purchase order.|
Templates can be customized by navigating to Setting >Templates and choosing from the purchase order templates.
Creating a Purchase Order from Contacts
You can create purchase order for a customer directly from the Contacts module. Here’s how:
- Go to the Contacts module on the left sidebar.
- Select the vendor for whom you wish to create a purchase order.
- Click the New Transaction button in the top right corner of the page.
- Select Purchase Order.
- Fill in the New Purchase Order page and click Save.