As soon as your business accounting period comes to a close, all your sales and purchase transactions should have been reconciled with your bank account statements. At this time, it’s quite common for business owners to freeze their previous transactions and keep the users from editing, deleting or adding any transactions. Transaction Locking comes in handy for such instances.
To enable transaction locking:
- Go to the Account module on the left sidebar.
- Select Transaction Locking.
- Check the box Enable Transaction Locking.
- Enter the Lock Date (date prior to which you want the transactions to be locked) and Reason.
- Click Save.
Now transactions prior to the date will be locked.
To have a report of your transaction locking activities:
- Go to Reports module on the left sidebar.
- Select Exception Report under Activity and run your report with the appropriate date range criteria.