How do I issue a refund for returned goods?
You can issue a refund for returned goods by:
- Directly initiating a refund for an Invoice; or
- Creating a Credit Note.
Directly initiating a refund for an Invoice
Whenever your customer returns your goods, you don’t necessarily have to create a Credit Note and apply it to the invoices that are created in the future. You can also record a refund for the return of goods. In order to do that, kindly follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the Invoices section on the left side bar.
- Select the invoice for which you would like to record a refund.
- Click on the More drop-down in the invoice and select the Create Credit Note option and hit the Save button on the following page.
- A Credit Note will be created for the invoice amount.
- Click on the More drop-down and select the Refund option.
- Enter the amount and choose a payment method.
- Click on the Save button to record the refund.
Creating a Credit Note
A refund for goods returned to you by the customer can be issued in the form of a Credit Note. You can create a Credit Note for the invoice you wish to refund and apply it to the invoices that are created in the future.
When a customer partially or fully returns the goods you’ve supplied to him,
- Go to the Invoices section on the left sidebar and open the corresponding invoice that represents this transaction.
- Click on More > Create Credit Note.
- Under item details, specify the exact quantity that has been returned, and create the Credit Note.
- You can apply this Create Note to the invoices that you create in the future.