Zoho Reports Mobile BI for iPad
- Supported iPad Devices
- Installing Zoho Reports for iPad
- Working with Zoho Reports in iPad
- Sharing Views
With the mobile BI app, you & your colleagues can access the reports & dashboards that you create in Zoho Reports service. The app enables you to interact with your data and reports, keep track of your key performance metrics, and helps you take informed business decisions, all, while on-the-move.
The Zoho Reports Mobile BI application allows you to do the following:
- Interact and explore reports through an immersive touch experience through actions like drill down, user filters, view underlying data and much more
- Analyze the reports and dashboards that you have created
- Collaborate with your colleagues
- Bookmark frequently accessed views as favorite
- Easily access and traverse across your reports through visual previews, powerful search and a variety of view customization options
- Zoho Reports account (including free version)
- Internet connectivity (cellular or Wi-Fi connection)
Devices with iOS 8.0 and above
You can install Zoho Reports application in your iPad in two ways:
- Install the Zoho Reports Mobile BI application from the App Store
- Install Zoho Reports Mobile BI application through iTunes
- You can access this from the App Store app in iPad
- Search for Zoho Reports in the App Store
- Tap Zoho Reports in the product Info screen
- Tap Get. The application will be automatically installed.
- You will be prompted tlog inin. Specify your Zoho Reports credentials. On successful authentication your Zoho Reports data will be downloaded.
- Open your iTunes application on your desktop.
- In iTunes, search for Zoho Reports.
- Download the Zoho Reports Mobile BI app from iTunes.
- Connect your iPad to your computer and synchronize.
- You will be prompted to log in. Specify your Zoho Reports credentials. On successful authentication your Zoho Reports data will be downloaded.
Using the Zoho Reports Mobile BI application you can view, interact and collaborate your reports and dashboards on the go. In this section, we are going to learn about accessing databases, reports and dashboards.
Upon signing into your account in your iPad, you will be able to view all the reports that you have created in your organization. Described below are each of the tabs that you can access from the application home page.
- My Databases will list all the reporting databases that you have created in your organization
- Shared Databases will list the databases that are shared to your account.
- The Recent Views link at the top left will list the views that you have recently accessed using this app.
- You can bookmark the frequently used databases as Favorite, using the star icon, which will be listed in the Favorites tab.
- You can also search for databases using the search bar in the top right corner.
Accessing Database Views Explorer
Tapping the reporting database will open it listing the views available in it. Zoho Reports offers various categorization options, that will allow you to easily access the views in the database. Views in the Zoho Reports Mobile BI application are categorized as Types, Folders, Related Views, Recent Views and Favorite.
- Types - Views will be grouped by its type like dashboards, reports, data. This will group all the charts together under Charts, pivots under Pivots etc.,. Selecting the group name will display all the views in it.
- Folders - Views will be grouped into folders as you have organized online in your Zoho Reports account. Tapping the folder name will display all the views in it.
- Related Views - Related views will be grouped together i.e., views will be grouped under the base table over which it was created.
- Favorites - Views that you mark as Favorites will be listed here. Marking a view as Favorite will allow you to easily access the report. You can bookmark the required views using the star icon adjacent to the view name.
- Recent Views - Views that you have recently accessed in this database will be listed here.
You can also search for the views in this database by typing in the name of the view in the search bar.
Zoho Reports Mobile BI offers a wide range of mobile-optimized options to interact with your charts, including accessing tooltips, drill down, view underlying data, legend filtering and applying user filters
- Tooltip: You can view the chart tooltip by tapping the corresponding data point.
- View Underlying Data: You can view the underlying data of a data point by double tapping on the data point and then by selecting View Underlying Data.
- Drill Down: You can drill down any data point by double tapping it. Select the Drill down option You can navigate across the drill down path that has already been set for the chart or search the columns by which you wish to drill down the data.
The drill down path will be displayed as a breadcrumb at the top.
- Legend: Using the Legend option you can dynamically filter the data series in a chart by selecting/deselecting the corresponding legend item.
- Dynamic User Filters: You can dynamically filter the reports using the User Filters created in the report.
- Refresh: You can refresh the report using the Refresh icon at the top right corner of the screen.
Table, Query Table, Pivot, Tabular and Summary Views
When it comes to a Table, Query Table, Pivot, Tabular or a Summary Views, the Mobile application allows you to interact with the reports in terms of sorting, viewing the underlying data and navigate across the view.
- Sorting: On tapping the header you will see a sorting icon which can be used to sort the column in the desired order. The up arrow indicates sorting in a descending order and the down arrow indicates sorting in an ascending order.
- View Underlying Data: You can access the underlying data of a specific point by double tapping the data point (applicable only for Pivots and Summary Views)
- Navigation: You can navigate across the table by swiping through the rows. You can also navigate to the top and bottom of the table using the navigation bar displayed at the bottom right.
Interacting with the Views in a Dashboard
A typical dashboard in a mobile application will look as shown below. Tapping on a view in the dashboard will highlight it. You can perform operations such as accessing tooltip, applying user filters, view underlying data, drill down, legend filtering and sorting as you do for individual views.
You can collaborate with your users or colleagues by sharing your reports and dashboards as required from your iPad. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Open the required view.
- Tap the Share icon. The Sharing screen will open.
- Specify the email address of the users with whom you wish to share.
- Set the necessary permissions. For more details on the permissions setting, refer to the Granting Permission section.
- Tap Share.