Note: Workspace has been previously called as Reporting Database.
You can view all the Workspaces that has been created by you or shared by others to you from the home page of Zoho Reports after you successfully login. The Home page would look similar to the one given below.
- How do I view the Workspaces I created?
- How do I view Workspaces Shared to me?
- Some of the Shared Workspace are not listed in the Shared Workspace tab. How do I view them?
- How do I view Featured Sample Workspaces?
- How do I view Users Shared Public Workspaces?
All the Workspaces that you have created will be listed in the My Workspaces tab. Click on any Workspace to open the same.
Under each Workspace listed you will see a list of operations that you could execute on the Workspace, shown as links. A brief about the operations:
- Rename: Clicking on Rename icon, you could rename the Workspace name and also modify the description
- Copy: Clicking Copy icon, you could make another copy of the corresponding Workspace. You need to provide a name and description. If you would like to copy the data apart from all the objects (tables and reports) then select the option Copy with Data or else the views will be copied with no data in it.
- Delete: Clicking Delete icon, you can delete the Workspace permanently from your account. Note that we currently do not support rollback (or trash) for this operation, hence exercise caution before deleting.
- Share info: Clicking Share Info icon, you can see sharing information for this Workspace.
- Backup: Clicking Backup icon, you can schedule regular backups of the data contained in your Workspace. Note that this option is available only to paid subscribers.
Additionally, under each listed Workspace, you can quickly view the details of the corresponding Workspace like the number of shared users, the number of Workspace owners and whether the Workspace is public or not.
Use the Search box at the top to search for any Workspace name that you would like to access quickly. This would be helpful if you have quite a number of Workspaces.
All the Workspaces that are shared to you will be listed in the Shared Workspaces tab. Click on any Workspace to open the same.
You would not be able to do any operations (similar to the ones discussed under My Workspaces section above) on the Workspace as you are not the owner of it.
This can happen when you are configured to view a specific organization. Your shared workspace will not be listed when you are in a different Organization.
To view your share workspace, click your profile and then select the Organization of the Shared Workspace. Selecting All Organization will list all Workspaces that you have access to across the Organizations.
Zoho Reports provides a set of Featured Workspaces for demonstrating its capabilities. This would be an easy way to understand the features in Zoho Reports.
These featured samples provided by Zoho Reports are business relevant Workspace. You can click on any of the Sample Workspace to go through its dataset and reports available in it. You can copy these Workspaces into your account and reuse them for your needs.
Zoho Reports provides a Public Gallery to allow our users to publish their Workspaces. You can access these views with the permission that the users have set. Some of them have edit permission too.
Click here to know more about How to make a Workspace/View public.