Import data from Amazon RDS - Maria DB into Zoho Reports
If you have your data stored online in the Amazon RDS - Maria DB database, then you can easily import your data into Zoho Reports for reporting and analysis. You can also easily set up schedules to periodically fetch the latest data from your Maria DB database.
- Preamble: Why should I white list Zoho Reports IP addresses and How do I do it?
- How do I import data from the Amazon RDS - Maria DB database?
- How can I edit the setup?
- How long does it take for the data to be imported into Zoho Reports?
- Can I import data from my Amazon RDS - Maria DB database into an existing Zoho Reports database?
- Will foreign keys defined between my tables in Amazon RDS - Maria DB database be linked in Zoho Reports as well?
- Can I change the data-type of the columns in Zoho Reports?
- How do I remove the Setup?
- Can I still use the upload tool to import data?
After setup, you might have to wait sometime for the initial fetch to happen. This depends upon the amount of data to be imported in to Zoho Reports from the Amazon RDS database and also the response time of your Amazon RDS server. You will receive an email notification once the import is complete. If you access the reporting database before the initial fetch, it will not display any data.
Yes. Follow the below steps to import data into an existing database:
- Open the reporting database into which you wish to import the data.
- Click the Import Data button in the Explorer tab.
- Click Cloud Databases option.
Configuring the import will be similar to the steps followed in this presentation.
6. Will foreign keys defined between my tables in Amazon RDS - Maria DB database be linked in Zoho Reports as well?
No, the tables will not be directly linked in Zoho Reports. However, you can link two or more tables in Zoho Reports using the Look-up feature. Click here to learn about look-up.
We have plans to fetch the foreign key details from Amazon RDS and automatically link those tables in Zoho Reports using lookup columns in the future.
Yes, you can change the datatype of the columns imported into Zoho Reports. However it is necessary that the data-type of your column is compatible with the data-type of the column in your Maria DB database for successful data synchronizations. It is always recommended that you change the data type in both your Amazon RDS - Maria DB database as well as your Zoho Reports database.
To remove the setup,
- Login to your Zoho Reports account.
- Open the corresponding reporting database.
- In the Explorer tab, click Data Sources button.
- In the Data Sources tab that opens click the Settings icon and select Remove Data Source as shown in the snapshot.
Please do note that this only removes the connection. You can still continue accessing the reporting database in Zoho Reports.
Yes, you can also use the upload tool to import your data from the cloud databases into Zoho Reports (Refer to this help document). However, we strongly recommend you to use this feature to import data from your Amazon RDS - Maria DB database into Zoho Reports. It is very simple and does not require any software to be installed. You can completely manage the import process from the Zoho Reports web interface itself. With this easy setup process, you can import your data into Zoho Reports and set up periodic schedules within minutes.