In organizations with different levels of hierarchy, it’s important to define the access level of each user. When sharing resumes and files with other recruiters, if there are any confidential documents, which can’t be shared with all, it’s ideal if the user has the option to choose who can see what. With the Attachment Permissions feature, you can now decide the level of action a user profile has over a document. For example, if you don’t want a custom user to view or edit a contract document, you can disable the view and edit options for that particular user, so that document alone will be disabled for that user.
To set permissions for attachment category:
- Go to Setup > Users & Control > Security Control > Attachment Permissions.
The Attachment Permissions page is displayed.
- Select a Profile from the list.
- Select Module from the list.
All the attachment categories related to that module will be listed.
- Click Edit to change the permission.
- Enable/disable permission under the view, create, edit, delete, download sections.
- Click Save.
- Interviewer and Guest profiles cannot create, edit, delete, or download attachments.
- Standard profile users cannot delete attachments.
- The permissions set here will be applicable only for the [Module] list and details pages.