Synchronizing the Google Apps Contacts
Keeping up-to-date contacts in both Zoho Recruit and Google Contacts is now made easy with the Contacts Synchronization feature. It helps you to configure one-way or two-way sync schedules that will automatically sync contact details. Also, you can specify the list to which the contacts should be transferred and map fields as required.
Please note that if you delete the sync configurations and again synchronize the contacts, then duplicate records will not be created based on the email address that is mapped.
Profile Permission Required: All Zoho Recruit users can synchronize Calendar entries.
- You should also have the profile permissions for Sync with Google Contacts and the Contacts tab, i.e. View, Create, Edit and Delete permissions.
To configure synchronization settings
- In Google Apps, click on (the Apps icon).
- Click More > Zoho Recruit.
You will be redirected to Zoho Recruit.
- In Zoho Recruit, click Settings > Setup > Marketplace > Google > Contacts > Google Contacts Sync.
- In the Contacts Synchronization page, do the following:
- Choose the Google Contact list and the Zoho Recruit Contacts list from the drop-down.
The contacts from the selected lists will be synchronized.
- Choose one of the Sync Options.
- 2 Way Sync
- 1-Way: Zoho Recruit Contacts to Google Contacts
- 1-Way: Google Contacts to Zoho Recruit Contacts
- Select one of the following option when there is a conflict in contacts in both the places.
- Zoho Recruit contact will overwrite the Google contact
- Google contact will overwrite the Zoho Recruit contact
- Choose the synchronization Frequency from the drop--down list.
- Map the fields in Google and Zoho Recruit.
- Click the Map More Fields link, to add more field and map them.
- Click Save.
- The synchronization of contacts from Zoho Recruit to Google and vice versa will take a while to complete based on the number of contacts. We request you to wait for a few minutes and then check if the contacts have been synchronized.
- Please note that if you delete the sync configurations and again synchronize the contacts, then duplicate records will not be created based on the email address that is mapped.
- Check the Last Sync Time in the Contacts Synchronization page to see if the sync was performed.
- Note that only the contacts of the selected Google Group and the selected Zoho Recruit List View will be synchronized. The contacts from Recruit will be added in the specified Google Group.
- Based on the roles and access privileges, the contacts will be synchronized.
- First time you can synchronize maximum 10,000 contacts. For the consecutive syncs, maximum 500 contacts will be synchronized.
- The criteria to search duplicate records are based on the Email field value (primary email field in contacts) in Zoho Recruit and Email (Work) field value in Google Contacts.