Social Tab in Zoho Recruit
The Social tab feature, lets you integrate your Facebook and Twitter accounts with Zoho Recruit. Not only does this integration help you monitor and participate in social media activities from one place, it also provides sufficient clarity about the significance of a particular customer to your business.
This is an organization-specific integration so your Administrator needs to set it up in your organization's Recruit account. With Social Recruit in place, you can:
- Tweet from your company's Twitter account and post status updates from your Facebook page.
- Monitor real-time activity such as likes/favorites, comments, tweets, retweets, messages and mentions of your brand across Facebook and Twitter.
- Interact and engage with your customers across social media channels.
- Add prospective customers from Facebook and Twitter as candidates/contacts in your Zoho Recruit account.
- Search Twitter on relevant subjects using keywords and save the searches as separate streams so that you can always stay updated on topics relevant to you.
- Focus on posts from important customers/prospects by creating custom streams.
- Add job openings, tasks and notes to a candidate/contact from the Social tab.
- View all social interactions of candidates and contacts with your company contextually, under the Social Interactions Related Lists.
To begin using Social Recruit, you must first integrate your company's Facebook or Twitter accounts with your organization's Zoho Recruit account. Only a user with administrative privileges can enable this integration. Once a social media account has been associated, other users will be able to access the data in the Social tab based on the permissions granted to them.
The Social tab comprises three important elements.
- The Recruit View
- The Navigation Panel
- Social Media Details View
Each of these elements is explained below in detail.
In the Recruit View of the Social tab, the social media posts from your contacts are classified under four categories based on the data available in Zoho Recruit. This distinction greatly helps you identify people who matter to you and prioritize their posts over others'.
The categories in the Recruit View are:
- Job Opening Contacts- Contains posts from prospective customers (at least one open job opening in the pipeline)
- Contacts - Contains posts from contacts (the contacts here have no job opening associated with them as yet or have job openings that are Closed Lost)
- Candidates- Contains posts from candidates (the candidates here have no job opening associated with them as yet or have job openings that are Closed Lost)
- Unknown - Contains posts from people who are not yet associated with the Recruit.
Initially, the social interactions are listed under the Unknown column. You can add people from the Unknown column as a new candidate/contact or associate them to an existing candidate/contact. Once this is done, the posts will appear in the appropriate Recruit category.
Note that in case other users in your Recruit account had already set up their Facebook or Twitter profiles with the organization's account and associated the social profiles of candidates and contacts, then the posts will appear under the appropriate columns right after the integration is enabled. For example, if a user in your Recruit account has already associated a candidate's Twitter account, this candidate's posts will start appearing under the Candidates/Contacts category as soon as the Social integration is enabled in Zoho Recruit.
Note: In the Job Opening Contacts category, you have three filters - Job Openings created this month, New Job Openings, Top 10 Job Openings.
- Job Openings created this month displays posts from contacts for whom job openings were opened in that particular month.
- New Job Openings displays posts from contacts with whom only one open job opening has been associated.
- Top 10 Job Openings displays posts from contacts filtered based on the expected revenue. Please note that contacts under Top 10 Job Openings will be updated once a day.
The Navigation Panel
The Social tab has a clear navigation panel on the left. The navigation panel has the following options:
- Navigate easily to other tabs while working within the Social tab.
- Compose and publish posts on Facebook and Twitter. You can also attach an image to go with your posts.
- You can also de-select a channel if you do not want to post on that page. Simply click on an account icon to de-select it.
- Please note that you can attach only one image to go along with a post. The maximum file size of an image that can be attached with posts from the social tab is 5 MB for Twitter, 25 MB for Facebook.
- Besides this, you can pin My Posts & Tweets as yet another column in the Recruit view. This way you will not always have to click the Compose icon to view your social media posts. You can unpin the column anytime.
- Filter out the social media accounts that you wish to be displayed.
- Once filtered, the Recruit View as well as the My Posts and Tweets section will contain social media posts from only the selected networks.
- Track keywords and save the search results columns for future reference.
- Later, all you would need to do is refresh the search column to see the latest posts surrounding the keywords saved.
- Customize the Recruit View by adding Custom Streams to follow important customers. Search for those special candidates and contacts and save your Custom Streams.
- These columns will display the say tweets and posts from the selected candidates/contacts sorted by recency.
- Refer Activity Stream () to view the recent activities performed from the social tab.
- Use Social Settings () to change users' profile permissions.
- You can also use Settings to add a new Twitter handle, Facebook page or delete existing ones. .
- Use the Power button to sign out of your Zoho Recruit account.
The Social Media Details View
A useful addition to this feature is a 360 degree view of the candidates or contacts whose social interactions are listed in the Recruit view.
Once you click on a post, you are taken to the Social Media Details view which gives you complete details about the candidate/contact. These details include Recruit details as well as social media details. Some of them are business card details, mail conversations, associated activities and notes, job opening summary among others.
Note that the Social Media Details View is not available for the Keywords Tracking column.
When you click on a particular post by a candidates/contact, the social media details are presented to you in three parts:
- The Recruit category section
- Social conversation summary
- 3-Tab Section
The first section on the left is the Recruit category section. The Recruit view which the selected post belongs to is presented here. For example, Customers.
The second section is the social conversation summary. Here the social media information of the contact is presented. You can interact with this post.
The last section on the right is a 3-tab section that includes Recruit as we all social conversation details.
- Conversations - These include social and email conversations. Any open cases are also listed.
- Info - All the details about the contact that is stored in Recruit such as email address, phone number, website, job openings, notes and tasks. You can add a new task, note or a job opening from this section.
- Timeline - Timeline includes all Recruit activities related to the contact such as a note that was added, any information that was updated, tasks that were added, etc. Twitter contacts will have a Twitter Timeline and a Recruit Timeline. The Twitter Timeline displays their tweets, retweets, mentions and replies.
Check the Activity Stream
The Activity Stream helps you keep track of a set of actions performed by you in the Social tab. These actions include the following:
- Publishing Status on Facebook
- Publishing Tweets
- Replying to Conversations
- Posting Comments
- Adding Contact/Candidate
- Replying to direct messages on Twitter and messages on Facebook
Note that the activities listed under the Activity Stream varies for different users of a specific organization's Recruit ccount according to the respective user's actions.
To check the activity stream:
- In the Social tab, click the Activity Stream icon.
A pop-up with a list of activities will be listed.
Add Keyword Tracking and Custom Streams for Twitter
Use the power of Keyword Tracking and Custom Streams in Social Recruit to keep a tab on important topics and people.
- Keyword tracking lets you search on Twitter for a few specific keywords and save the search results. For instance, if you are in the mobile app development business, you can search for topics such as mobile app development, iOS devices, Android devices and so on. These search results will be saved as a new column in the Recruit view. Whenever you refresh posts in this column, you will be kept updated about what is being talked about these subjects on Twitter.
- Similar to Keyword tracking, you can keep a track of the posts by specific customers. Let's say you want to always know what some of your regular customers are saying about you. You can create a Cusom Stream for these customers. This stream will display the Twitter timeline of the contact. Whenever you refresh posts in this column, you will be kept updated about what these customers are saying on Twitter.
- The Keyword Tracking and Custom Streams are available only for Twitter.
- You can add upto 5 search keywords per Keyword Tracking column.
- You can follow up to 5 people per Custom Stream.
- The total number of search keywords used in Keyword Tracking colmnns and contacts used in Custom Streams altogether cannot exceed 20.
View Social Interactions
Candidates and contacts in Zoho Recruit will have a new Related List - Social Interactions. All the Twitter and Facebook interactions associated to the candidate/contact will be listed in this related list.
To view candidate/contact's social interactions:
- Go to Candidate/Contacts tab.
- Click on a candidate/contact and go to Social Interactions related list.
You will see interactions on Facebook and Twitter.