How can I create user profiles?
While creating a profile, first you have to associate the existing profile to the new profile and later you can change the modules and field-level access control.
A profile has the following categories of permissions:
- Module level: Enable or disable the access to modules (tabs).
- Record-level: Enable or disable permissions to View, Create, Edit, and Delete records.
- Feature-level: Enable or disable permission to access features, such as Import, Export, Mass Mail, Mass Update, Mass Transfer etc, to the users associated to the profiles.
- Field-level: Enable or disable permission to access the fields in a record. In addition you can restrict the access to edit the fields.
To create a new profile:
- Click Setup > Users & Permissions > Profiles.
- In the Profiles page, click New Profile.
- In the New Profile page, do the following:
- Enter the Profile Name.
- Select an existing profile from the Clone Profile field.
The new profile will be cloned. Later you can modify the access control for the new profile.
- Enter the Profile Description.
- Click Save. Once you have cloned the profile, you can make the changes to the various permissions.
- You can create profiles in the paid editions, only if you have more than one user in your Zoho Recruit account.
- In the Free Edition, only Administrator profile is available. You cannot clone profiles to create new ones.