How can I run rules to assign territories automatically?
When the territory's assignment rules are run, records that meet the rule criteria in the territory will automatically be assigned to the territory. Initially, when you go to Setup > Territory Management > Assign Territories in your Zoho Recruit account, you need to run the rules for the existing clients. Based on the client's territories, the associated contacts and job openings will also be assigned to territories.
You can look up records and assign them to territories using one of the three options listed below:
- By Territory - Records from the selected territories will be listed. You can select the records and assign them to territories.
- By Custom View - When you have the records sorted using list views, it is easier to view and assign them to the appropriate territories.
- Apply my own criteria - When both the options above do not serve the purpose, you can always define a set of criteria to filter records. This option, allows you to modify the set of criteria using the Change Pattern option.
To search records and assign to territories:
- Click Setup > Territory Management > Assign Territories to Clients
- Select one of the following from the drop-down list:
- Territory - Select the territory and sub-territories from the drop-down list.
- Custom View - Select the list view from the drop-down list.
- My own criteria - Specify a set of criteria to filter records.
- Review the matching results that are listed and click Run Rules.
Records will be assigned to various territories based on the territory rules. You will receive a confirmation email when the process of assigning territories is complete.
Note: Territories that are manually added can only be removed manually. Automatically assigned territories cannot be removed manually.