How can I create reports?
You can create new reports according to your organization's requirements. The customization of a report involves the following steps:
- Select the module and the corresponding cross-functional modules
- Select the report type (Tabular, Summary, or Matrix report)
- Select the report columns
- Group the columns
- Select the calculation functions
- Specify the advanced sorting filters
- Save the report in a folder
Note: You can customize the standard reports as per your requirements by clicking the Customize link in the Reports Home page. Once customized, you cannot revert to the default report.
- Click the Reports tab.
- In the Reports Home page, click Create Report.
- In the Create Report page, do the following:
- Select the primary module from the drop-down list.
- Select the cross-functional modules from the Related Modules list box.
You can use the fields from the Related Modules in defining the criteria, in adding columns in your report and select columns to total.
- Click Continue.
In the Create Report page, under the Report Type tab, select one of the following report options:
- Tabular Report
- Summary Report
- Matrix Report
- When you select the Summary Report, the Grouping tab will also be available.
- You can Run or Save the report at any point while creating it.
- When you click the Run button, the system will prompt you to save the report. The report is saved temporarily and then a preview of the report is generated.
- When you click the Save button, the report is saved in the folder that you specify.
- In the Create Report page, click Columns tab.
- Do the following to select the columns to be displayed in your report:
- Select the columns from the Available Columns list box.
- Click Add.
- The columns will be added to the Selected Columns list box.
- Use the Up and Down arrow keys to sort the display order of the columns.
- Select the column name and click to delete the selected column.
- Click Save.
In the pop up window, specify the Report Name, Description, and Report Folder details.
- Click Run to save the report first, and then run it.
- Once you have selected the report columns, click the Grouping tab if you are using Summary Report otherwise click the Columns to Total tab (Refer to Step 5 ).
- The system will display the column names (in the Columns tab) only for those modules that you select here.
- In the Create Report page, click the Grouping tab.
This tab will be available only when you select Summary Reports under the Report Type tab.
- In the Grouping page, you can group the records based on the grouping criteria that you specify.
- Select the values from the respective lists.
- Select Ascending or Descending from the list.
- In the Create Report page, click the Columns to Total tab.
- In the Columns to Total section, select the required calculation functions (Sum, Average, Lowest Value, Largest Value).
- In the Create Report page, click the Criteria tab.
- In the Criteria section, select the additional criteria for the report.
- Once you have completed the report customization, do one of the following:
- Click Run to preview the report.
- Click Save.
- Click Cancel.
- In the Create Report page, click Run or Save.
Note, that you can run the report only after you save it.
- In the Save Report dialog box, do the following:
- Enter the Report Name.
- Enter the Description of the report.
- Select the Report Folder in which the report has to be stored.
- Click Save.